2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
38 minutes ago, jamaicankim said:

Life have to happen during the wait time. I have a 4 year old daughter and she's coming with me. I just know that I can't get married. At the end of the day everyone makes sacrifices for this. It's all up to you and what you want.

Well said my dear,....Not everyone is understanding and patient and everyone's situation is different but its just about the sacrifice. And even after this long wait and getting the visa, things are still on hold because you have to stay single until you travel.

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Welcome Letter..... Received Feb 23, 2016

Selected agent...Feb 25, 2016

Paid AOS and Visa Application fees.......Feb 26, 2016 

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Case completed.....April 22, 2016 Received case complete letter April 27,2016

Received Interview Letter... Feb 3, 2017

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Visa Issued....Mar 21, 2017

POE.............June 4, 2017

SSN............June 12,2017

Green Card: August 2017

Petition for hubby: Oct 2017

i-130....... Approved.Aug 9 2019

NVC ......Wecome letter Nov 4 2019

Submitted all docs and paid fees- Nov 29th 2019

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
46 minutes ago, jamaicankim said:

Life have to happen during the wait time. I have a 4 year old daughter and she's coming with me. I just know that I can't get married. At the end of the day everyone makes sacrifices for this. It's all up to you and what you want.

For real.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
21 minutes ago, ExoticPrincess said:

For real.

I appreciate everyone respons. I got to emotional u know a girl who is divorce then she find love and then the visa thing she lost her hope.I know it's our choice , we did try to convince our Father get them merried but his one word first go usa the  get merried . And also the man family is not redy to wait any more. I was hoping every thing will be ok by then but may be nvc lost our file thats why still case not complited . I just said I ask so many questions  to u all and panicking it was the reason . Now there is no reason so it's If I get visa today or tomorrow I was desparte only for my sister. Thank you all for ur support and kind words u alll like family thats why I share my story. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jamaicankim said:

Oh reallly . That's good she can go with u . What about ur partner can she go latter ? Best of luck 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Khadija aktar said:

I appreciate everyone respons. I got to emotional u know a girl who is divorce then she find love and then the visa thing she lost her hope.I know it's our choice , we did try to convince our Father get them merried but his one word first go usa the  get merried . And also the man family is not redy to wait any more. I was hoping every thing will be ok by then but may be nvc lost our file thats why still case not complited . I just said I ask so many questions  to u all and panicking it was the reason . Now there is no reason so it's If I get visa today or tomorrow I was desparte only for my sister. Thank you all for ur support and kind words u alll like family thats why I share my story. 

Your father is a very smart man, love comes and goes, especially this one, who can't wait (i know, it sounds not very romantic) and this game is all about it. Even if she would marry him afterwards, it would be 2 years, when he could get his GC, is he ready to wait again? I doubt.

She'll be very thankfull to your father later, he knows what's the best for her. And now, send ASAP her missing docs to NVC, it'll take extra 12 weeks for review, but it's nothing to compare with 7 years of waiting. Good luck.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lain said:

Your father is a very smart man, love comes and goes, especially this one, who can't wait (i know, it sounds not very romantic) and this game is all about it. Even if she would marry him afterwards, it would be 2 years, when he could get his GC, is he ready to wait again? I doubt.

She'll be very thankfull to your father later, he knows what's the best for her. And now, send ASAP her missing docs to NVC, it'll take extra 12 weeks for review, but it's nothing to compare with 7 years of waiting. Good luck.

I know my father is smart 😎. In bngladesh he was head teacher in secondary school. He went usa 2010 he didnt come back my mum visit usa every year. My dad only aim is bring us usa then he will come back.  We sent every thing in January  still waiting  2 weeks ago nvc ask my sister birth certificate  thats it. Now waiting for case complite latter. Thank you .

Timeline
13 minutes ago, jamaicankim said:

I don't think it will that long. maybe a month from your dad sent it in

Hmm, they don't ask for me anything may be my case will complite earlier then her . Thanks kim

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Khadija aktar said:

Hmm, they don't ask for me anything may be my case will complite earlier then her . Thanks kim

You didn't get a checklist, so your case should be completed already next week, but your sister, like I understood received a checklist recently? Well, don't want to dissapoint, but they are taking 11-12 weeks for the 2nd review as NVC is backlogged at the mean time, but like we say: prepare for the worst, but hope for the best;)

Timeline
On 08/04/2017 at 3:25 AM, ExoticPrincess said:

Question......

In confirming my Interview, if the earliest time listed is 9:00am and my appointment time is 8:00am, there shouldn't be a problem in clicking on 9:00 am right? as it is the closest time to my appointment. Emailed Embassy to query but haven't gotten a response as yet.

Hi ExoticPrincess, I know u and ur sister has diffrent interview date. I just want to know did u get interview latter same day ? 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Khadija aktar said:

Hi ExoticPrincess, I know u and ur sister has diffrent interview date. I just want to know did u get interview latter same day ? 

Yes, we did receive our Interview Letters on the same day.

Timeline
On 06/04/2017 at 4:26 PM, Lena15 said:

Priority date... April 9th 2010

Case completed CC..March 20th 2017

Interview Date.....Soon

Waited for 7years...My sister and I are hoping to be schedule for MAY interview 🙏🙏

Hi

I am FB-1 with PD December 2009.

NVC CC March 2017.

Waiting to be scheduled for interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.