Captain Ewok

VisaJourney is a family-friendly site: Please post accordingly

32 posts in this topic

Why not have certain forums the exception to the "family-friendly" policy ? Have a disclaimer that says those particular forums may contain content that is not family-friendly (or something to that effect).

In this manner, you would strike a balance with most of VJ being family-friendly, while still leaving a place for people to feel free to be themselves.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

I was just shown a non-family-friendly ADVERTISEMENT on VJ. It has people in bikinis on it. I tried to alert you to it, to help you purge all "offensive" material, but my post was deleted.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I know -- I just PM'd you. I am working on that now to help. I am honestly trying my best.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Why not have certain forums the exception to the "family-friendly" policy ? Have a disclaimer that says those particular forums may contain content that is not family-friendly (or something to that effect).

In this manner, you would strike a balance with most of VJ being family-friendly, while still leaving a place for people to feel free to be themselves.

Thanks for the paraphrase ! Nice to see we're on the same page on this.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If the issue is that VJ is being categorised as an adult site, then that's a different issue to being family friendly.

The simple solution would be to get rid of the off topic forums.

There _IS_ a two-step simple solution that would include frolicking in protected areas.

Still, thanks for your input ! ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There _IS_ a two-step simple solution that would include frolicking in protected areas.

Still, thanks for your input ! ;)

You realise you only make sense to yourself?

I just wanted everyone to know that we are not trying to go wildly overboard. We are simply trying to strike the right balance to keep VJ family safe while still being a fun and helpful site to visit. I'd just ask that you give us a short bit of time to settle in as well. I don't ask this often, but as a personal favor to me can you give us a little time to get it right smile.png?

Removing an avatar that I have used for over a year with absolutely no issues or complaints (and really only used it in the OT forums where most people don't even go) is going overboard. There was nothing obscene about it. And yet there are signatures with far more offensive content that remain.

Have you looked through the Gallery lately? Full of young girls in barely-there swimsuits. All perfectly acceptable, though.

As a personal favor to your users, many of whom have been here for years, you should attempt to communicate with them properly. Instead, you've gone about this in the worst possible way - one that simply creates more confusion than necessary.

Edited by Penny Lane

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Folks, I kindly asked that no one repost images like this. They have all been removed. Even if the images were of ads served you are violating the TOS rules by posting them in the forum. It would be enough to tell me here that you saw them. Really. I would believe you.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.