31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband and I are applying for his green card. We got into an argument recently and he accused me of starting the argument and jeopardizing his chances for a green card. He says that the immigration dept. has immigrants under survellance (calling the apartment manager to get info on us, microphones, etc.). He usually talks that way and I just said he was being paranoid, but now i wonder if the immigration dept. really does use survellance to see about immigrants and their sponsors?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband and I are applying for his green card. We got into an argument recently and he accused me of starting the argument and jeopardizing his chances for a green card. He says that the immigration dept. has immigrants under survellance (calling the apartment manager to get info on us, microphones, etc.). He usually talks that way and I just said he was being paranoid, but now i wonder if the immigration dept. really does use survellance to see about immigrants and their sponsors?

.i think your husband is a little too paranoid....no, they do not do these things...yet...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Funny but then you think maybe he is true,

i tell you he is just bullshtng ya!!! dont bother and hey keep arguing :lol:

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It is not a secret that they are monitoring certain overseas calls and E mail. It would also not surprise me for them to monitor calls within the states if they suspect anything.

I think cameras would be too much for them though. Who would watch all of these cameras?

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
OMG the things people believe the government does. Honey they wont waste their time with piddly things like you two have a lovers tiff.

Janice

I'm agreeing with Janice...

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

They're not watching you more closely than anyone else! ;)

Seriously, I sincerely doubt there are cameras in your apartment. I can say at least that much with some degree of certainty.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

"#163265-AFK6789-B, You are in violation of the thought police. Please step away from the computer. We will be there now."

Ummmm.... nope... I don't think thats how it is.. no matter how many conspiracy theory's one throws about. Take it from one # to another! :P

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is what I found on Ebay,..says DHS use them,..makes you wonder!! :huh:

JOdee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

They will only talk to your neighbors if you are going for a top secret clearance for the government (unless it's a criminal investigation). I had a secret clearance with the Dept of Energy and they didn't do in-person interviews even for that.

Unless your husband is the target of some investigation they aren't going to waste resources on tapping your phone or placing microphones..... yet (like almaty said).

Edited by rch99

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It would be highly illegal for USCIS, DHS or any other branch of the government to

surreptitiously tap conversations or otherwise spy on people without a warrant and

therefore without probable cause - Patriot Act notwithstanding.

Although the Patriot Act vastly expands the government's power to spy on ordinary people,

so far they have been careful not to abuse this power -- probably for fear of causing too

much public outrage. Despite the great lengths to which they have gone to keep it secret,

some information about the extent of their spying has already been obtained by ACLU

through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, and it doesn't seem particularly alarming.

In other words, if you do find a microphone in your house planted by the government,

please let us know. :)

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Anything is possible...but SOME people just like to ARGUE!!! :angry::no::unsure::devil::crying:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"The Future is no place to place your better days" Matthews

Liam and Lynn's timeline:

Met September 4, 2001.

Mailed I 129F to CIS Texas Service Center on 8 Feb.

February 11, 05 Received by TSC.

February 22, 05 Forwarded to CSC.

March 7 Received notification of approval via email!

6 May 05-interview date of 15 June in London.

17 August 2005, Liam arrived in Florida.

1 NOVEMBER 2005-WEDDING!!!!!!

SEE OUR TIMELINE FOR THE REMAINING INFORMATION!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The NSA can monitor telephone calls without putting a microphone in your house. They claim to have limited this practice to overseas calls where terrorism was suspected. This was, and is done without a warrant.

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories either and I am sure USCIS does not have their act together enough to operate a program such as this.

It would be highly illegal for USCIS, DHS or any other branch of the government to

surreptitiously tap conversations or otherwise spy on people without a warrant and

therefore without probable cause - Patriot Act notwithstanding.

Although the Patriot Act vastly expands the government's power to spy on ordinary people,

so far they have been careful not to abuse this power -- probably for fear of causing too

much public outrage. Despite the great lengths to which they have gone to keep it secret,

some information about the extent of their spying has already been obtained by ACLU

through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, and it doesn't seem particularly alarming.

In other words, if you do find a microphone in your house planted by the government,

please let us know. :)

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.