Rori76

Confusing CEAS status updates

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a new member on this forum. My husband (US sponsor) filed for my spousal sponsorship in July 2012. Everything went good and I got an interview September-23-2013 in Montreal. They refused me under section 221(g) because I had a certified translated marriage certificate (which is considered original in my home country) and not THE original one. I sent them what they wanted and based on loomis tracking they got it October 11, 2013. On the CEAS site, the first time I saw updates was October 25 saying in process until November 20 where it showed Ready. Then in November 25 it said Issued, obviously we were beyond happy. The same status remained until December 6 where it said another time Ready. Since December 6 there were no updates what so ever, we are really confused. Our lawyer sent the consult email 10 days ago without any response.

Can anyone please provide me with a working number for DOS, my husband has tried several numbers without getting anywhere , either saying that this number is not working or not getting to a real person.

Thank you in advance for your replies and good luck for everyone.

Have you tried going through all your junk mail etc to find if you have a waybill number? Have you called the Loomis closest to you to see if they have your package?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hey,

I have been checking my mail and my junk folder 10 times a day without any result. I will try to call my Loomis center on Monday to see if they have anything, but for my understanding I am suppose to get an email from the embassy with my waybill number. Have you ever called DOS, if yes, can you please tell me what number you used?

Thanks

I used the old number.. there is a new one. Check the NVC monthly filers thread.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can try 202-485-7600, that is the number I called and got my case # from

09-05-2013 : I-129F received at Dallas lockbox

09-09-2013 : NOA-1

09-23-2013 : Alien Registration number changed

11-12-2013 : NOA-2

12-09-2013 : Shipped to the NVC

12-16-2013 : Received by the NVC

12-18-2013 : Shipped from the NVC

12-19-2013 : Received by the Consulate

12-23-2013 : Packet 3 Sent to Consulate

01-09-2014 : Packet 4 Received from the Consulate

02-12-2014 : Interview (Approved)

02-13-2014 : CEAC - Ready non Immigrant

02-14-2014 : CEAC - AP

02-18-2014 : CEAC - Issued

02-20-2014 : Visa in hand

event.png

event.png

event.png

Hello,

I just called the DOS on this number: 1-202-485-7600 and followed the instruction, pressed 1 then o and talked to an officer. My case still under AP, this is all that he said. I was little bit nervous, so I didn't ask more info. I am wondering if he can see where I am exactly in the AP or just still under AP without any further info. I am planning to call again on Friday and try to see if I can get more details.

They won't provide you with any details as to why you're in AP. All you can do is wait.

Just called the DOS. The lady told me that my case still pending, they are working on it and it isn't complete yet. I asked if she can provide me with any additional info, she repeated the same answer and said this is all she can provide. I guess I only have to wait, and call the DOS on weekly basis to see if I can get any updates. My husband and I are debating if we contact our congressman or no. Some posts here said that it was useful and they got better answers and updates, some say the congressman will get the same answers. Will there be any harm or additional delays if we ask our congressman to inquire about my case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.