Chalupa718

Permanent US resident thinking of going back

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Counting starts on the day he got his 1st green card (conditional or 10 year) less 90 days from the 3 year mark...

Hi dear, my husband originally entered the USA with a CR-1 Visa with conditions on December 2009. And finally last year in December 2012 he got conditions removed and got his 10 year permanent residency.

So I am now not sure where that puts us :(

"My beautiful husband is already with me... Thank you God"

smiley-happy093.gif

28b5c84dc7.png

"Missing someone is part of loving them. If you're never apart; you'll never know how strong your love is"[/b]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi dear, my husband originally entered the USA with a CR-1 Visa with conditions on December 2009. And finally last year in December 2012 he got conditions removed and got his 10 year permanent residency.

So I am now not sure where that puts us sad.png

I believe he could apply for citizenship now as you meet the 3 years of LPR married to a US citizen.

http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization

http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/naturalization-spouses-us-citizens

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

not when he removed conditions, the date starts when he got his GC, if he got his conditional GC in 2009, the date starts then, not when he got the 10 year card but when he got the 2 year card. the card had a date that said, resident since.

that's the date he became a LPR and from there it is 3 years of being a resident and having removed conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

He can file now... The process is anywhere from 3-7 months (our citizenship process was 73 days from mailing to oath)

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.