r9dblanco

Request for Evidence. Sad, Sad, Sad Day.

42 posts in this topic

This Sucks.

After 9 Months. I get this Message.

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On December 19, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

HAs anyone gotten this? what does this usually means?

Thanks all.

At which service center is you case?

The RFE could be a lot of different things. You need to wait for the hard copy letter in the mail to see what it is they want. If you don't get the letter in a few days, call.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Lucybell. It was at the Nebraska.. When i filled my I130 i used my passport because i could not find my Naturalization Certificate, i wonder if that's is the problem... I recently found it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Usually you will receive something in the mail stating what they are looking for. Like maybe birth certificates, pictures, etc... I received a Request for evidence for my K1 Visa and they wanted some sort of proof of a relationship. Maybe have you sent them money do u have some recipts?

Like I said they will usually send you a letter in the mail. If you receive no letter in about a week I would call them see if they can resend it. That's crazy it took them 9 months to get to that conclusion.

Nawlinshoney. I will wait until i receive the letter and see what it says.. I send about $1,100.00 a month to my wife and i have to ask Xoom for the receipts. I can print them too. I go about every 3 months to the Dominican Republic and have been i will say around 10 times over the past 22 months. Plus photos. I'll give them what they ask for. Wait, wait, wait. I have faith tho that will work.

It means that someone has actually looked at your case, and once you send in the information that they request, you will probably be approved in short order. In theory, it could be 60-90 days of delay (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.) but we've been seeing fairly quick approvals after the RFE was answered appropriately as of late.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Kaylara, Thanks for always being soo helpful to all of us.

I will wait until i receive the letter and see what it says.. I go about every 3 months to the Dominican Republic and have been i will say around 10 times over the past 22 months. Plus photos. Plus I send about $1,100.00 a month to my wife, I can print the receipt. I'll give them what they ask for. If thaa is not evidence I am not sure what it would be. Wait, wait, wait. I have faith tho that will work.

Again, thanks Kaylara.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Kaylara, Thanks for always being soo helpful to all of us.

I will wait until i receive the letter and see what it says.. I go about every 3 months to the Dominican Republic and have been i will say around 10 times over the past 22 months. Plus photos. Plus I send about $1,100.00 a month to my wife, I can print the receipt. I'll give them what they ask for. If thaa is not evidence I am not sure what it would be. Wait, wait, wait. I have faith tho that will work.

Again, thanks Kaylara.

Do you have any joint bank account with her in the DR ? That will be helpful. I also added my wife on my electric and gas account here. The bill is addressed to her and myself. See if you can get this done with your utilities company.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Duplicate threads merged; please do not start more than one thread on the same issue.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Hello iamwhatiam80. No joint bank account with her in the DR, she has the bank account. The apartment is in both of our names. I don't think I can do that in the state of Florida without her being here. Besides that we have al the receitps from the Money I sent her every two weeks. My passport entries to DR. 10 entries in 22 Months, thats just about every 2 months and a half in average. Photos of family gathering while I am there. She has not work for the past year and a half, I support her and her daughter. Hopefully that is enough.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I am not saying your passport entries and money reciepts are of no use. But look at it from their angle. They need co-mingling of financials and also leases and other stuff where you are your spouse are BOTH listed. They need STRONG evidence.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nawlinshoney. I will wait until i receive the letter and see what it says.. I send about $1,100.00 a month to my wife and i have to ask Xoom for the receipts. I can print them too. I go about every 3 months to the Dominican Republic and have been i will say around 10 times over the past 22 months. Plus photos. I'll give them what they ask for. Wait, wait, wait. I have faith tho that will work.

Doesn't have receipt it's just a transaction history that has been made for remittance, I called and asked if they can able to print or send mme a reciept but I was told that I just need to copy and paste to Microsoft word document , save and print but as from them to do it they cant

Thanks Dens. I will get whatever they need. She has receipt of the Money she received. Hopefully that helps. When I submitted my I130 I used my passport instead of my Naturalization certificate. I wonder if that has anything to do with it???

when i received my RFE, i was very happy because its a great sign that someone finally took a look at our petition and i finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel! all u have to do is pray that it is a simple RFE that u can send back rigth away!

good luck in your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.