luukee

Flight attendant C1D visa

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ignore what I have written above. K3 is not a fiancee/fiance visa, thats the K1. K3 is almost not used or issued anymore by USCIS. What you have to look at is the CR1/IR1 visa. Thats the path you have to follow.

Thanks B&G for pointing me in the right direction. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

B&G,

Thank you so much for giving me the info and also sharing your experience. I've been struggling to find answers and the ones I've talked to in my local area have not been very good at answering my questions.

Yes I think in California they'll give us the marriage certificate right away (I could be wrong about that) but I do know they will do the ceremony right after the license.

I do have a question about what happens

After you went back to your country. At that point did you pretty much dealt with the American embassy in your country? Did you have to deal with any government agencies in your country? (Besides getting clearance of never committing a crime, which I'm guessing you would deal with the police)

I'm trying to figure out if the embassy requires to work with any other local govt agencies or at that point it's just us and the embassy?

Thank you so much B&G!!!

As yet, I have not dealt with the US embassy. We are unfortunately a long way away from that happening. We are still waiting for our I-130 to be adjusticated.

In a nutshell there are three steps for the CR1/IR1 visa. First is filing the I-130. Once that is approved (about 6-7 months at the moment), your casefile will then be sent to NVC (National Visa Centre). Once approved (about 3 months) from NVC it is sent to the US embassy of your fiancee's country. She will have attend an interview and then her visa is issued.

Your fiancee will have to deal with local agencies, other than the police certificate, which is needed for every country your fiancee has resided in for longer than 6 months after the age of 16, she will also need her birth certificate, any court records such as divorce decree is applicable. All of which need to be originals or a certified copy. She will also have to have a medical done.

As far as I know, the embassy only deals with you. Though if they require to more information on your fiancee they could very well approach local governement agencies, but that will most likely happen without your knowledge. Again, I am not sure of this.

Follow the below guides. They explain the whole process step by step.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James%27s_Shortcuts

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

As yet, I have not dealt with the US embassy. We are unfortunately a long way away from that happening. We are still waiting for our I-130 to be adjusticated.

In a nutshell there are three steps for the CR1/IR1 visa. First is filing the I-130. Once that is approved (about 6-7 months at the moment), your casefile will then be sent to NVC (National Visa Centre). Once approved (about 3 months) from NVC it is sent to the US embassy of your fiancee's country. She will have attend an interview and then her visa is issued.

Your fiancee will have to deal with local agencies, other than the police certificate, which is needed for every country your fiancee has resided in for longer than 6 months after the age of 16, she will also need her birth certificate, any court records such as divorce decree is applicable. All of which need to be originals or a certified copy. She will also have to have a medical done.

As far as I know, the embassy only deals with you. Though if they require to more information on your fiancee they could very well approach local governement agencies, but that will most likely happen without your knowledge. Again, I am not sure of this.

Follow the below guides. They explain the whole process step by step.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James%27s_Shortcuts

B&G,

thank you so much for always taking the time to share your knowledge. I really appreciate this. Do you mind if I ask you why your I-130 needs to be adjusted?

I was asking about whether or not the US Embassy deals with the local government agents is so that I can prepare for such issues. The country my fiancee is from has a lot of corrupted agents and they just want to extort as much money as possible from you (of course there are many countries like this). I don't like the idea, but you do what you have to in order to get some paperwork. I don't mind if its a few hundred dollars, but I'm hearing excessive amounts of thousands. If i had the money, i guess it wouldn't be a problem,

Also, I was wondering what your thoughts are about this? I'm thinking that after we officially marry, I would go back to her country and have a wedding banquet, I'm assuming pictures of the court and marriage certificate would be sufficient for the proof, but my wedding banquet would also show how important she is to me.

Should I file for the I-130 right after my court date? or should I file it after my wedding banquet (which is about 2 months later)?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

B&G,

thank you so much for always taking the time to share your knowledge. I really appreciate this. Do you mind if I ask you why your I-130 needs to be adjusted?

I was asking about whether or not the US Embassy deals with the local government agents is so that I can prepare for such issues. The country my fiancee is from has a lot of corrupted agents and they just want to extort as much money as possible from you (of course there are many countries like this). I don't like the idea, but you do what you have to in order to get some paperwork. I don't mind if its a few hundred dollars, but I'm hearing excessive amounts of thousands. If i had the money, i guess it wouldn't be a problem,

Also, I was wondering what your thoughts are about this? I'm thinking that after we officially marry, I would go back to her country and have a wedding banquet, I'm assuming pictures of the court and marriage certificate would be sufficient for the proof, but my wedding banquet would also show how important she is to me.

Should I file for the I-130 right after my court date? or should I file it after my wedding banquet (which is about 2 months later)?

Saying that the I-130 needs adjusticating basically means that they havent even looked at it yet. We are still waiting for an approval.

It might help if you tell us which country your fiancee is from. Other people on this site from the same country could give you pointers as to how to deal with the local government.

In regards to filing before or after your wedding banquet is also your choice and alil bit on where your fiancee is from.

For example, me being from Greece, it is not considered a high fraud country ( at least in the eyes of the US embassy when it comes to people trying to get a spousal visa, on a fraudulent marriage). So my husband filed our petition with just our marriage certificate and a couple of pics from the courthouse ceremony. We didnt include our pics from our wedding reception which happened in August.

Again, knowing which country your fiancee is from will help all members on VJ give you better advice.

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Thanks again for your advice B&G and sharing your experience, my fiancée is from vietnam, which I'm not sure is a high risk country or not, if I have to guess it probably is.

I wanted to post in the sub forum, but wanted to understand a bit more about the possibility of getting married in the U.S. first. From the posts in that sub forum, it sounds like most folks are doing k1 and k3s there, but I'll start asking questions there too about the experience that folks had in that country.

Thanks again for all the help, wishing they accept your I-130 soon

Hello VJ,

Is it possible for a flight crew on a C1D visa to enter the U.S. and get married here in the U.S. After which they continue to go back to their country and work as a flight attendant while the U.S. Spouse files for a K3 or CR1/IR1 Visa?

Thanks so much for your help.

Hi

we applied for CR1.

I am same case like you.I had C1D crew member.We got married in Miami in one day,you dont need a marriage license.It took 20 minutes to do it.

otherwise your spouse have to file in city court where lives to obtain marriage license which takes up to 10 days.

If you need more information (contact) me ill help you.

My case is at NVC before scheduling interview.

(personal email address removed for security reasons - please use Visa Journey's secure Private Message - PM - system instead of posting sensitive information - VJ Moderation Team)

Take care

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove personal email address

Hi

we applied for CR1.

I am same case like you.I had C1D crew member.We got married in Miami in one day,you dont need a marriage license.It took 20 minutes to do it.

otherwise your spouse have to file in city court where lives to obtain marriage license which takes up to 10 days.

If you need more information (contact) me ill help you.

My case is at NVC before scheduling interview.

(personal email address removed for security reasons - please use Visa Journey's secure Private Message - PM - system instead of posting sensitive information - VJ Moderation Team)

Take care

Dreamermk,

Thank you very much for confirming this.

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove personal email address from quote

California may not work if you only have 1 day. I think you should think Nevada ( Vegas/Reno)

Thanks for the heads up NigeriaorBust.

I did some minor research and I think its possible

http://recorder.countyofventura.org/county-clerk/marriage-license/

"There is no waiting period. The license may be used upon issuance. The license is valid for 90 days."

So I think we can just get married at the courthouse right after the license is issued. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.