michael_jones86

Interview Friday...one last thing! (Hopefully)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

Got my visa interview on Friday (so nervous!).

My wife (US citizen) is just filling in her Affidavit of Support (i864 form) now. As she has lived in the UK for the past 4 years, she doesn't earn any US income. Therefore, should she leave the section blank that asks for her annual income? Or should she fill in her UK income?

I have a joint sponsor in the US who has also filled in an i864 form and included all the relevant details of his US income.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did my visa in South Korea but I put my foreign income on the I-864. My foreign income was considered sufficient enough for them not to need my co-signer's information but this seems to vary with different consulates.

But yes, she would put her foreign income on the I-864. They will know where it was earned by looking at the tax forms and other information.

Met in Canada, both moved to South Korea to be teachers! ❤️

CR1: Direct Consular Filing: Seoul, South Korea Married in Seoul, April 2013

Filed I-130 in person, Seoul Consulate: 06/11/2013

NOA 2/Packet 3 Instructions via email: 07/03/2013 (22 days!)

Medical: 10/5/2013 - Received results via regular post 10/14

Interview: 10/24/2013

VISA ARRIVED 10/31/2013

POE Peace Bridge: 01/06/14

SSN Arrived in Mail: 01/13/14

Green Card Arrival: 2/20/14

Lifting conditions on CR-1 Vermont Service Center

I-751 Mailed: 10/24/2015

NOA Received: 10/31/2015

Biometrics: 11/25/2015

Conditions Removed: 10/01/16

New Green Card: 10/12/2016

Naturalization: Online

N-400 Submitted: 08/26/19 

Biometrics: 09/05/19

Interview: ? 

Citizenship Test: 12/5/19

Approval: ?? 🙏

Swearing in Ceremony: ?

Has she been filing US taxes for the past 4 years? When I filed DCF, I put that I was employed but my annual income was 0. They asked me about it and I said that the job would not be following me to the US and therefore, in terms of support in the US, I had 0 income. They said ok and did not look at anything else on my I864 and just moved on to check my co-sponsor.

Mine was also complicated as I have been out of the US for 5 years, but have never had income high enough that required me to file taxes so I had no tax returns from the US.

IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Rome:

03.07.10 - Got married in Italy

01.11.10 - Moved to Spain

02.08.13 - Moved back to Italy

09.20.13 - I-130 filed at US consulate in Rome

10.18.13 - Received NOA2

10.24.13 - Received packet 3 via email from Naples

11.26.13 - Interview at Naples consulate. Approved!!

Good luck! Everything will be fine!

You have everything to show proof off the I864 form, correct?

Bank Statements, Tax Forms, Assets, birth certificate of the joint sponsor in america and of your wife?

Funnily enough some of the most forgotten items are the most obvious, for example:

Passport

Birth Certificate

I864 Form

Marriage Certificate

Remember not to bring anything with you that's electronic (phones, car keys -the kind that you press the button and lock with-) You will also have to remove any coins,rings, belts, coats and put them through an airport type security :)

Most importantly, be yourselves and you'll do fine!

July 19, 2013 - I-130 Filed

July 23, 2013 - Notice of Receipt (NOA1)

July 26,2013 - Request For Evidence (RFE) Notice

July 30,2013 - Evidence Returned

Aug 2,2013 - NOA2 Approved (10 Days)

Aug 28,2013 - Email Received Stating LND # (They Sent Packet 3 on August 27th)

Aug 30,2013 - Packet 3 Received and Sent (DS-230 Part I and II, DS-2001, and Cover Letter)

Sep 4th, 2013 - Medical

Sep 19, 2013 - Packet 4 Received

Sep 27,2013 - Interview - *approved*

Oct 02,2013 - Passport Packet Received (3 working days)

Oct 11th, 2013 - POE Los Angeles

Oct 21st, 2013 - SSN Received
Nov 14th, 2013 - Greencard Received

____

:star: ROC Journey :star:

____

Sep 2nd, 2015 - I751 filed

Sep 3rd, 2015 - NOA 1 (Received on Sep 8)

Sep 17th, 2015 - ASC Letter (dated Sep 12)

Oct 2nd, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

March 2016 - Permanent Resident card received (Expires 3/26)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.