TDqueen

K1 Visa Overstayed for less than 2 years.

23 posts in this topic

I took the comment as meaning that after a lengthy overstay you will forever face extra scrutiny when applying for a visa.

And unless you can prove absolute concrete ties to your home country then forever may not be too far from the truth, hence the bit about keeping hold of paperwork to prove ties.

I wouldn't say that was trying to scare anyone, merely being realistic with a slight hint of pessimism.

I agree with you 100%. I understood what you meant. (Another poster that told you to get your facts straight tends to be kind of judgemental, IMHO) You can see that you were understood by most here based on the number of thumbs-up you have already gotten compared to zero on the other poster. Keep up the good work!

God Bless and

Mele Kalikimaka

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I believe that if you overstay for 180 days over that u are banned for 10 years. Maybe u can slip through the cracks on some type of technaquality. Best of luck to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You need to determine how long you overstayed. Was it less than 180 days, 180 days-364 days, or 365 days+? This would be the time from when your I-94 expired until the day you left the US.

The chances of obtaining a tourist visa after the ban is over are extremely small. You are from a high fraud country and have already violated the provisions of a visa. When the ban is finished if you wish to visit the US you will need to show strong, strong ties to your home such as a spouse and children.

Filed: Other Timeline

Seems like I cannot edit my original post for the topic to correct my wrong.

It was my mistake.

about the year I came 2010 not 2009 oops8rh.gifheadbonk.gif

my visa exfire april 25 2010 exactly

I left the country april 18 2011

I am now married into a Pilipino guy... so maybe i was not really destined to live in the US. I just wanted to come back and thanks the people who had helped me on my misery while i was there...

I will try my luck to apply for a tourist visa after april . If i get denied to enter the country, no biggy good.gifI am sure immigration know what they are doing. besides on the slight disappointment that i will not see my friends and enjoy a short vacation in the UScray5ol.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Even if the ban is up your overstay is still a black mark against you for any future non immigrant visa and it will be very hard to get any non immigrant visa.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I believe that if you overstay for 180 days over that u are banned for 10 years. Maybe u can slip through the cracks on some type of technaquality. Best of luck to you.

And what king of technicality do you speak of? Immigration is very firm on dates.

To the OP, according to the new dates you gave your ban would be 3 years. Congrats on your new marriage, and maybe apply after you have children, having children at home is a strong tie to your country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

And what king of technicality do you speak of? Immigration is very firm on dates.

To the OP, according to the new dates you gave your ban would be 3 years. Congrats on your new marriage, and maybe apply after you have children, having children at home is a strong tie to your country.

I was saying technaquality because you mentioned that there was no record of when you left the United States.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.