letony

need help with form I-485

27 posts in this topic

If he is a US citizen, he would check 11.a I AM A US CITIZEN.

I'm not sure why 11.b is for joint sponsors only either.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

11a. They are a US citizen. A US national is not necessarily a USC. http://www.***removed***/immigration/us-national.html

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

photos requirement

hi all !
I read instructions , USCIS requires 2 passport photos , IDs ... for each form I-485 ,I-131 , I-765 ... so when I file all forms together for Application to Adjust status in the same package , Do I have to include 2 photos for each form or just 2 photos for all forms ? thanks.

photos requirement

hi all !

I read instructions , USCIS requires 2 passport photos , IDs ... for each form I-485 ,I-131 , I-765 ... so when I file all forms together for Application to Adjust status in the same package , Do I have to include 2 photos for each form or just 2 photos for all forms ? thanks.

You need 2 photos for EACH form. Each application is processed separately.

form I-485 , part 1

Dear all !

I have electronic I-94 form which i print it from online

Admission (I-94) record number <- is this I-94# ?

Admit until date : 2014 January 14 <- is this the Expires date I have to put in Part 1 of I-485 ?

thanks so much

Yes to both questions.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Thanks for posting back !
I have a question on Part 5 . Sponsor's household size , please
Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit
a. enter the number : 1 ( I sponsored my k-1fiance but now we are married )
Persons NOT sponsored in the affidavit :
b. yourself : 1
c. If you are married , enter 1 for your spouse ( should I enter 1 or 0 here? I confuse because I already sponsor for my k-1 fiancée above , but now we are married ? )

one more question : in the I-94 form that issued to my fiancée : the last name is correct , but USCIS combined middle and first name into the first name only , look like she does not have middle name no more , Do I have to follow exactly the name on I-94 to fill out all paperwork I485 , I-765 ...
thanks very much

Timeline
Thanks for posting back !

I have a question on Part 5 . Sponsor's household size , please

Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit

a. enter the number : 1 ( I sponsored my k-1fiance but now we are married )

Persons NOT sponsored in the affidavit : <- This is the part you overlooked. Your spouse IS the person being sponsored and so were counted already. You do not count anyone twice. You put 0 for spouse.

b. yourself : 1

c. If you are married , enter 1 for your spouse ( should I enter 1 or 0 here? I confuse because I already sponsor for my k-1 fiancée above , but now we are married ? )one more question : in the I-94 form that issued to my fiancée : the last name is correct , but USCIS combined middle and first name into the first name only , look like she does not have middle name no more , Do I have to follow exactly the name on I-94 to fill out all paperwork I485 , I-765 ...<- Use your wife's correct name on the forms. If she is taking your name after marriage, then use her new married name.

'The electronic version of the I-94 will help eliminate errors because the information will be obtained by official documents and officer input. If there is an error or mistake on the paper or electronic form I-94, the traveler can contact the Deferred Inspection office closest to their location.' https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

Deferred Inspection > http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

A K-1 does not need a new medical exam all together if you do it within a year of your overseas medical. What you may need to do is get your vaccinations transcribed to a I-693. I did it just to be on the safe side so that I would not get any RFE's and had my case approved within 5 months without an interview. Some will say that you do not need it.

At what point does one know if a I-693 is needed?

Timeline

At what point does one know if a I-693 is needed?

Your husband went through Juarez, so he most likely does not have a DS-3025 or a blank one. They tend to not to bother with vaccinations for K-1 applicants in Juarez. He will need to find a civil surgeon to get the vaccinations marked off on an I-693. Take any vaccination records he has with you. You will need to call around to find one that will not insist on a new medical, that is not required, and you do not need.

If by some chance Juarez actually did bother with vaccinations when he was seen, then check this post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Timeline

Your husband went through Juarez, so he most likely does not have a DS-3025 or a blank one. They tend to not to bother with vaccinations for K-1 applicants in Juarez. He will need to find a civil surgeon to get the vaccinations marked off on an I-693. Take any vaccination records he has with you. You will need to call around to find one that will not insist on a new medical, that is not required, and you do not need.

If by some chance Juarez actually did bother with vaccinations when he was seen, then check this post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Thanks Kay! My fiancé didn't receive a DS-3025. I've looked in to some civil surgeons in our area and am going to make an appointment ASAP.

Is it expensive to see one even of the fiancé is only going to get the form and not an exam? I guess I can ask around.

Timeline

Thanks Kay! My fiancé didn't receive a DS-3025. I've looked in to some civil surgeons in our area and am going to make an appointment ASAP.

Is it expensive to see one even of the fiancé is only going to get the form and not an exam? I guess I can ask around.

Some will try to insist on a new medical or charge you for one anyway. It might take a bit of calling around to find one. Try looking through this long thread to see if there are any listed near you > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Also, try searching civil surgeon [your city] to see if anything comes up.

Timeline

Some will try to insist on a new medical or charge you for one anyway. It might take a bit of calling around to find one. Try looking through this long thread to see if there are any listed near you > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Also, try searching civil surgeon [your city] to see if anything comes up.

I've found a list of civil surgeons close by so I'm going to call them starting tomorrow (Saturday).

I feel like we've SO much to do and so little time :(

It's crunch time!

Thanks again Kay :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.