johnnyv

What if I get laid off before our interview?

16 posts in this topic

I'm the petitioner. I'm worried about my job currently. What if I get laid off before our interview in January? What should I do? I'm just speculating, but I wanted an answer.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can start looking for a joint sponsor now and have the new AOS forms and documents ready for mailing to the beneficiary.

Aos forms? Do I need those for the interview? Will my parents be enough? Will I still get approved if I don't have income but my parents state they will help?

Affidavit of Support, yes.. there will have to be an updated ORIGINAL I-134 completed and signed by you, and an ORIGINAL I-134 from your parent with all needed documentation (tax transcripts and proof of citizenship or LPR status.)

This will be required at interview unless you want a 221g while they wait for the updated AOS package. I suggest getting it done and to your fiance(e) ASAP to avoid the 221g and AP until they can review your documents.

Also don't forget your fiance(e) will need a new Notification of Intent from you for the interview.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

So I would need the 1-134 for myself and my parents. Theirs needs to be accompanied by tax transcripts for the last two years and a birth certificate for both of them? Is enough that enough to prove citizenship?

To be honest im not sure as I know more about the ir1 process.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Depends on your income. If you have one parent that makes above the poverty limit for the size of household (In this case: you + fiancee + themself + any other people living in the household) then you only need one person to fill it out. If not, their combined income must support the entire household and they both must fill out the form.

• 2 weeks later...

I have placed my 2 weeks notice in. I hope I made the right choice. I was very unhappy at my job and quitting allows me, and my finacee, to move back home closer to my family.

Both of my parents make roughly 90k a year combined. My parents household consists of my mom, dad, and my little sister. My finacee and I included makes 5. This should still be sufficient, right?

I will have no income for the time being, just my savings, which isn't much at the moment. I currently live in Oklahoma and will be moving back to kansas to be with my family and I"ll find a job there. Will me not having any income by the time our interview takes place be bad? I wil have co-sponsorship, but myself I only have a little savings. Please let me know.

Edited by johnnyv

Unless your parents declare you on their taxes (as I'm sure they do with your little sister) you are not included in their household size.

Mom, dad, little sister + fiancee = 4

Yes they make more than enough to joint sponsor. Because you have a very qualified joint sponsor and this is Canada we're talking about, you should be fine. biggrin.png

Edited by NLR

My finacee and I will be moving in with my parents when we move to Kansas. Wouldn't that make the total household amount 5? Or does it really matter since they can sponsor 4 and 5?

What about my lack of income after my two weeks expires? Do I fill out an I-134? Is my lack of income a problem?

I'm extremely worried but you sound confident I should be okay

The household count isn't the number of people living in a house. It's spouse, spouse, children under 18 (no matter where they live or who pays for their expenses), any declared dependents, and the beneficary(ies). It's important to fill out the form correctly, that's the only reason I mention it, but yes they make more than enough for 5 people.

As for the rest, I'll let the other K1 people answer.

Trust me, you're likely over-thinking it . ;)

But i can't say I blame you, I was worried to death before my interview about having all the paperwork done correctly (perfectionist that I am.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.