tubesman

round trip or one way.

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

buy the ticket after the interview just in case. Round trip might actually be cheaper and you have a plan B in case you don't get married, or decide you want to live somewhere else with your significant other. It's a win win situation.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Get the ticket after she has approval and received her visa, one way is fine.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

We will be doing a Delta buddy pass when the time comes. She will be flying standby from Malaysia to either Seattle or Chicago. Hopefully she wont be needing an return ticket any time soon.

The airline always corrects the manifest. If a passenger is not on the flight, then their name will not be on the flight manifest. That a reservation is shown on the airline's system, under the VJ's member's name, is different thing.

Working for an airline for the past 10 years, it is unthinkable, against the law and airline regulations to not have a correct flight manifest.

Though as TBone mentioned it is best to contact the airline before the date of departure of the return flight and cancel it. If you have not done that, contact the airline's customer service and request a statement from them, that you did not travel on said date and time.

I would say the airlines get the manifest updated 99% of the time--not always. Have a look at this thread http://www.visajourn...usband-his-aos/ and this thread http://www.visajourn...naccurate-info/ to see what happens when the airlines screw up.

Dave

A co worker that did a K1 visa for his bride told me that he had to buy a round trip plane ticket for his fiance rather than a one way ticket. He said it was required so in the outside chance that they didnt get married, that she had airfair back home. Is this true? My girl is almost at the embassy interview point and I want to know what am I likely to need. She is in the Philippines and just took her medical.

Thank you!!

Your friend is silly. You don't have to buy a round trip plane ticket. I just picked up my spouse in the Philippines in July and we bought her a one way ticket. Perhaps your friends bride did not have 100% faith in her decision before she flew? Good Luck & God Bless

Mele Kalikimaka

Round trip may be cheaper but not required.

Gowan,

I wish someone could show me how a round trip ticket can cost less that a one way. I searched and searched and never found this to be true. I know I have read dozens of times that this is true but I have never been able to find such a fare. Maybe it's just me but I've searched all airlines, kayak.com, expedia.com, etc etc...

Help me out here, I'm losing my mind. I would like to get this straightened out at least in my mind.

God Bless and

Mele Kalikimaka

Gowan,

I wish someone could show me how a round trip ticket can cost less that a one way. I searched and searched and never found this to be true. I know I have read dozens of times that this is true but I have never been able to find such a fare. Maybe it's just me but I've searched all airlines, kayak.com, expedia.com, etc etc...

Help me out here, I'm losing my mind. I would like to get this straightened out at least in my mind.

God Bless and

Mele Kalikimaka

Maybe it depends on the airlines and time of year. Whenever I booked with United, I always noticed the round-trip was crazily cheaper than one-way. They do this to discourage people from turning up at the border on a visitor's visa with a one-way ticket. I think (at least for the VWP) you won't be admitted with a one-way ticket and the airline would be fined by CBP for your denied entry.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Maybe it depends on the airlines and time of year. Whenever I booked with United, I always noticed the round-trip was crazily cheaper than one-way. They do this to discourage people from turning up at the border on a visitor's visa with a one-way ticket. I think (at least for the VWP) you won't be admitted with a one-way ticket and the airline would be fined by CBP for your denied entry.

It's bizarro... When I picked up my wife in the Philippines the ticket counter agent asked why she only had a one way ticket. I pointed out that she would be a new immigrant to the USA. The ticket agent (Hawaiian Airlines) then looked closer in her passport and saw the VISA stamp.

But out of curiosity I have searched several times and never been able to find a round trip ticket cheaper than a one way. I mean yes it is usually cheaper "per way" but always more expensive than a one way ticket.

I wish someone could show me an airline site where the round trip is cheaper, many have said it is but I have NEVER found this to be true.

Aloha and

Mele Kalikimaka

Edited by David & Zoila

I wish someone could show me an airline site where the round trip is cheaper, many have said it is but I have NEVER found this to be true.

Aloha and

Mele Kalikimaka

Same. Also tried looking. But that cheaper round trip ticket evades me.

Same. Also tried looking. But that cheaper round trip ticket evades me.

Yeah I just don't believe it. At least if it is true it must be once in a blue moon error on the airlines part. I mean seriously, why would an airline charge less for a two way ticket, it just does not make any business sence what-so-ever. Next time I see someone say this I am going to challenge them to prove it with a link.

Mele Kalikimaka

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Yeah I just don't believe it. At least if it is true it must be once in a blue moon error on the airlines part. I mean seriously, why would an airline charge less for a two way ticket, it just does not make any business sence what-so-ever. Next time I see someone say this I am going to challenge them to prove it with a link.

Mele Kalikimaka

Thats just 2 examples.

Sorry the Lufthansa prices are alil hard to see. One way Frankfurt to New York: 2673.56 Euros

Round trip Frankfurt - New York - Frankfurt: 456.13 Euros

Edited by B & G

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.