philippinesusa

How long to get MCN

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, finally today when I call USCIS the message says our case was shipped to NVC on Dec.13th. About how long it take from that point to actually get the MCN #? We call every day so at least it was good to hear some movement forward on our status. Like so many we are very concerned about the time it's taking to get an interview so wanting

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC is very backed up, I routinely hear it is taking upwards of 8 weeks to get the MNL # once they get the petition from USCIS. Hopefully soon it will get back to the normal couple weeks.

Right now the embassy is serious backed up as well.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Same here when we check the uscis site they was shipped dec 13,2013 in NVC.is NVC will email the petitioner bout the case number.thank God its movingsmile.png

Timeline

Same here when we check the uscis site they was shipped dec 13,2013 in NVC.is NVC will email the petitioner bout the case number.thank God its movingsmile.png

NVC will not email the petitioner unless the petitioner emails NVC requesting the case number.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

thanks Hank_ back to waiting game again but thats ok atleast its moving,hope we will get our case number soon cross fingersssmile.png

Timeline

Still waiting, we call every day! We know our case shipped to NVC on 12/13. It's been 4 weeks now. I hope not another 4! When I call everytime they say allow up to 8 weeks.

Still waiting, we call every day! We know our case shipped to NVC on 12/13. It's been 4 weeks now. I hope not another 4! When I call everytime they say allow up to 8 weeks.

when they say it was shipped, they don't really mean it was already sent out :/ seems csc and tsc sends petitions in bulk so you might have to wait 2-3 weeks more. have you prepared the documents you will need for the interview?

Timeline

We only need to follow up on a couple of things we plan to do after Christmas. As far as support documents I was trying to hold off until after New Year due to starting new job making substantially more than where I am now. Both jobs are well within the requirements but I dont want to prepare them with present employer because I will not be there when she goes to interview...Speaking of all that, do you think changing jobs will be an issue?

Shouldn't be an issue as long as the new job has you still above the poverty line. Don't forget to put the updated job info on your I-134 as I'm assuming the old job was on your g325A. Don't forget paystubs & letter from employer if you can secure them before interview :)

Timeline

We only need to follow up on a couple of things we plan to do after Christmas. As far as support documents I was trying to hold off until after New Year due to starting new job making substantially more than where I am now. Both jobs are well within the requirements but I dont want to prepare them with present employer because I will not be there when she goes to interview...Speaking of all that, do you think changing jobs will be an issue?

Nope changing jobs is not an issue, like said just make sure to include some pay stubs and if you can get one an employer letter.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes, thanks for the info. I'm sure they will be happy to give me a company letter. I won't have many pay stubs by then but I'll give what I have. I also have the last 3 years of IRS transcripts of my tax returns.

Timeline

Yes, thanks for the info. I'm sure they will be happy to give me a company letter. I won't have many pay stubs by then but I'll give what I have. I also have the last 3 years of IRS transcripts of my tax returns.

Embassy only wants your most recent tax return (or transcript), they won't take those other years.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.