misszennifer

In AP for 112 days so far...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The update is it's not finished yet; they aren't going to give you a blow-by-blow account.

Maybe you're not understanding what I mean here. On the CEAC website, it tells you when they've touched your case (aka updated it). According to the official US Travel website, they're supposed to be regularly updating it. Sorry for your misunderstanding

Listen, I'm sorry that you're having to go through AP, I really am, but the advice littered throughout this post and literally hundreds of others on the same subject is accurate.

- There is nothing you can do to make AP go faster.

- There is nothing any of your Congressional representatives can do to make it go faster.

- They will not tell you what they are looking for, what they find, or when it will be over. Anyone who does give you a timeframe is either guessing or estimating. The only thing you will know for sure is when it's over.

- There is only one thing you can do to control the length of AP, and that is withdraw the application.

For months I suffered first-hand when my applications were mishandled, so I know a little something about having to wait, wait, and then wait some more as you work your way through the machine. AP is an imperfect system, but I understand the reason that it's there. I don't have to like it, but I do understand it. It seems I understand more about it than you, and believe me I'm not a rocket surgeon, I just read. A lot.

A snippy attitude will not get you very far around here, especially when you're the one asking for advice.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

They are doing their jobs. That's why he is in AP.

How on earth do you know what they're doing? Knowing the DHS, her file is probably ina box being used as a doorstop somewhere. Seriously, the DHS is the most incompetent, inept bureau in the US government, and that's really saying something. Great job on the Tsarnaev brothers and the security clearance for the Navy Yard shooter, morons. The only thing they're good at is taking away people's liberties and ruining their lives, the OP has every right to demand that they actually do their jobs. No amount of name checks should take more than 3 months!

OP, keep in mind, anything over 15 months is considered excessive AP :/. At that point you can look into a writ of mandamus, as another member on here is doing. Till then, there's not a lot you can do except call them up with a lawyer and start threatening to do the mandamus, but you won't get a hearing until a couple more months have passed :(. Sorry!

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How on earth do you know what they're doing? Knowing the DHS, her file is probably ina box being used as a doorstop somewhere. Seriously, the DHS is the most incompetent, inept bureau in the US government, and that's really saying something. Great job on the Tsarnaev brothers and the security clearance for the Navy Yard shooter, morons. The only thing they're good at is taking away people's liberties and ruining their lives, the OP has every right to demand that they actually do their jobs. No amount of name checks should take more than 3 months!

OP, keep in mind, anything over 15 months is considered excessive AP :/. At that point you can look into a writ of mandamus, as another member on here is doing. Till then, there's not a lot you can do except call them up with a lawyer and start threatening to do the mandamus, but you won't get a hearing until a couple more months have passed :(. Sorry!

Thank you! I appreciate and agree with what you're saying :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We are in the same boat. They told him at his interview that everything was great and there was a little more work they needed to do on it and we would get the visa in 2 day to 2 weeks. They didn't say anything about AP and kept his passport. Now over 3 months later we are still in AP. On the CEAC status check website it has been over a month since our case was touched. It is a very hard thing to wrap your head around, especially when you weren't expecting it, as we weren't. We were stupid enough to have a wedding planned that had to be postponed to who knows when. Good luck to you and prayers that we all get our visas and get out of AP soon!

October 2008- Met in Florida at his brother's wedding to my good friend
August 2009- I went to Italy for 10 days to sight-see, our relationship officially began
November 2009- He came to Memphis for 10 days to visit and meet my family
January 2010- I went to Egypt to meet his family for a week then we went to Rome together for 4 days
March 2010- He lost his ID right before he was supposed to come to Memphis again so I went to Rome instead for a week
August 2010- He came to visit in Memphis for 3 weeks
November 2010- I went to visit him for 10 days in Rome
January 2011- He completed his Masters degree then came to Memphis to visit for 2 weeks
May 2011- I moved to Rome and stayed until November
February 2012- Back to Rome until October (minus a 1.5 month trip to Memphis in June-July)
October 2012- I filed the I-129F Petition upon returning to the states (late October-don't remember the exact date)
November 2nd 2012- NOA1
December 25th 2012- I returned to Rome for my last big trip
March 2013- I went back to Memphis to work full time and plan for the wedding
May 10th 2013- NOA 2!
September 3rd 2013- interview, told he was approved and we would get the visa in 2 days to 2 weeks
September 17th 2013- status says AP :-(
October 5th 2013- Wedding- did not happen

February 4th, 2014- Naples consulate called and said to send passport for visa issuance

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know what you going thru, I had my interview on 31st of July 2013 and stull in AP
they do not update the status until I send them an email other than that NOTHING

there ain't nothing we could do but wait, wait and wait some more ....

Hey OP,

As i read your post and responses, I understand it as youre not only concerned about the Ap waiting time but the fact that the CEAC website isnt reflecting any updates for a long period of time. Dont worry about it; its part of the AP process. Certain actions the government takes isnt't always reflected on the site. I dont know why but I know this happened many times when I would check on my husband's case with the Embassy. They would assure me that there was action taken on the file although that wasnt reflected on my end when I viewed the website. Another snag we have ran into is that the people responsible would note an update on the case but the ceac site wasnt updated recently enough to show the update. So I would find out it was updated by calling the state dept line and speak to a rep. They would tell me at times that they see an update for a specific recent date when on my end I would see the last update as being 2-3 months before that time. I noted all these descrepencies so I would have them in ca se we needed them down the line.

As for AP, hang in there and hopefully you will be one of the more happy couples coming out of AP without a horror story wait. Try to concentrate on the positive steps so far in the case and avoid thinking of the negative like possibly a long AP experience. We've read many stories on here where vjers escaped with a short enough AP time. Im praying for you and all the rest of us stil stuck in AP as usual. My husband's case is now in 22 months of AP. This tiem around on the website, the last time the case was shown to be updated was Dec 9, 2013. There have been many times where we have gone as long as 3 1/2 months without an update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.