Christiansanny

I 864 ???

28 posts in this topic

HI,

I'm having trouble filling out the form I864EZ, MY BIG concern is in PART 19.

In part 18 I've my total income but in part 19 I'm little confuse.

Please help.

There is no part 18 or 19. I'm guessing you mean question?

Question 18 = current income

Question 19 = past income based on tax returns (currently, that's 2012, 2011, and 2010).

Filed: Other Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello Saylin,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I did fill out my last 3 past income tax return and sen a copy of my tax return transcript I received from IRS,but NVC reply me back and say is an error on question 19 that my answer didn't match the transcript.

Can you please send me a private email at christiansanny@gmail.com to help me on that.My wife have appointment next month for the interview and she need to go with it.

Thank you for your help.

Hello Saylin,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I did fill out my last 3 past income tax return and sen a copy of my tax return transcript I received from IRS,but NVC reply me back and say is an error on question 19 that my answer didn't match the transcript.

Can you please send me a private email at christiansanny@gmail.com to help me on that.My wife have appointment next month for the interview and she need to go with it.

Thank you for your help.

Are you sure you put the right line from the transcripts? Remember, the line you need depends on which form you filed (1040 or 1040EZ).

Sorry, I don't do emails with strangers. If you're not comfortable with something on this thread, then PM me here on VJ.

Hello Saylin,

Again thank you for the reply and the advice and I understand your prudence.

I do not 1040 or 1040EZ,but i do have W2, 1099MISC and 1098.

tHANK YOU.

When you filed your taxes, which tax form did you use? If it wasn't 1040 or 1040EZ, was it the 1040A then? It'll say on each tax transcript which form you used that year.

The transcript say 1040

All three years you used 1040?

yes

Hmm, if you filed 1040s each year (based on your tax transcripts) and you used the 'total income line' from each transcript, then it sounds like you filed question 19 correctly. You put the EXACT amount from the transcript, right? You didn't round up or leave off the cents?

yes i put the exact amount from the transcript

You ticked off both the checkboxes in that question? And you put 2012 as the first year, then 2011, and 2010? And not the other way around, starting with 2010 and going up?

I don't know then. Without looking at your I-864EZ, tax transcripts, and the checklist, it's hard to say for sure, but it sounds like you did it right. Have you tried calling up NVC and asking for them to explain EXACTLY what's wrong?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.