kmg617

New reality show about K1 visa (merged)

323 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No Thai bargirls? Lame. Hopefully they'll show what happens when the Ukrainian girl goes running to the cops because her ol man yelled at her. We can watch a false VAWA case unfold on TV.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No Thai bargirls? Lame. Hopefully they'll show what happens when the Ukrainian girl goes running to the cops because her ol man yelled at her. We can watch a false VAWA case unfold on TV.

A great regret in my life is not hanging with you when you were in Thailand when you were younger. I'd have better stories for sure.

Edited by GandD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One thread on the topic moved from Current Events forum to Off Topic forum and merged with ongoing thread; one post removed as a TOS violation.

Edited by Kathryn41

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Yes, the removed post was a TOS violation as it was insulting another VJ member. Topic could fit in either forum, but was not moved so much as merged with another, pre-existing topic in another forum. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Heard about this on the radio today. They were under the assumption that all of these people had never met and it was completely mail order brides and they were insulting the entire process. Had to call and set them straight.

I don't know that it won't be presented otherwise on the show, but I would probably watch.

I'm such a glutton for TLC.

oldlady.gif

"The Learning Channel" rofl kill me

Anyone who watches this sh*t is sad.

Look how Wikipedia explains the TLC "TLC (formerly an abbreviation of The Learning Channel)" rofl.gif

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.

TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.

At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.

One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.

Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.

The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.

In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'

For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2524901/TLCs-90-Day-Fianc-long-distance-couples-try-overcome-culture-differences.html

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.

At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.

Talk about completely twisting the terms of a K-1 visa.