pawynton

I-693-A (Vaccination Supplement)

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are about to file for her AOS. One of the documents asked for is a Medical or vaccination supplement. She had her Medical in January but the doctor put everything in a sealed envelop, which is now in Houston, Texas. We can't go and get more vaccination shots now because she is pregnant. What do we do? Please help if you have any solutions

W & M

April 7th - Met for the first time online

June 23rd - Met in person in Mexico for 11 days

July 21st - Returned to Mexico for 4 days

August 3rd - I-129F Sent to

August 5th - Receives I-129F

August 12th - NOA1 Notice Date from CSC

August 17th - NOA1 Received from CSC

August 19th - Check Cashed by CSC

October 13th - NOA2 Approved! (email)

October 17th - NOA2 Approved! (snail mail)

October 24th - Received and Approved! (snail mail)

October 31st - US Consulate CDJ Received

January 05th - Received Packet 3

January 11th - Packet 3 completed

January 19th - Interview Approved Hey!!!

February 07th - Arrived in the USA!!!

February 08th - Married!!!

March 31st - AOS, AP, EAD sent!

April 3rd - AOS, AP, EAD received!

April 6th - NOA 1 received!

April 27th - Biometrics Appointment!

May 3rd - AOS, EAD Touched

June 19th - AP Approved!

June 21st - EAD Approved!

October 24th - AOS Interview!

August 25th - I-751 sent!

August 28th - Delivered!

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

She still needs to go and get a vaccination supplement signed off by a civil surgeon. If the shots are not medically appropriate (because she's pregnant), she will not be required to get them.

Call around, some civil surgeons seem to insist on a full medical, others will sign off on the supplement for a small fee, a rare few will sign off for free.

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You should still go to get the supplement. I was in a slighly different situation -- needed a full medical (adjusting from H1B), but could not get the shots done because of pregnancy. The Dr wrote "vaccinations to be done after delivery." I think this will be the case for you. The "incomplete" medical was not a problem at the interview at all. I was a bit worried, but I read of exactly the same situation that someone else on VJ had, and it appears that USCIS does not give you a hard time about that at all.

Another option is to get bloodwork done, which would show if the wife has immunity to the deseases in question. I had these done in the regular course of pregnancy visits -- but it would not have quite worked for me, since I did not have immunity against one of the illnesses.

In either case, this is not a big problem.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

I would still try to get the supplement. Some vaccinations are and are not appropriate when pregnant.

Table 4. Vaccination of Pregnant Women

from here

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil.htm

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.