Bill & Ivy

Annotated Certificate of Marriage from NSO-How Long?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hoping someone that has already gone through this could possibly help us.

My fiance got her finalization of annulment papers, signed by the court back in 2009, long before we ever met. For whatever reason , the papers were never sent to NSO back then for her Annotated Certificate of marriage. Now we have started the K1 process and have passed the NOA2 stage. She had here lawyer send all the papers to the local civil registry back in July and they forewarded them to NSO in Manila we are told. From what information I can find, it typically takes about 3 months for NSO to complete them and return them to her or her lawyer, not sure which. Can anyone tell me how long NSO takes to issue the Annotated Certificate of Marriage. We must have this for her interview, but we are getting kinda worried, that if we keep going with the process, we wont have it by the time she goes for her interview. I don't want to send her all my papers yet, since they are time sensitive also, pertaining to her interview. Am expecting that we will get NVC approval soon, and not sure what to do.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didn't find a time frame for how long this takes only the how process BS ... hopefully someone will post that has done this

http://www.census.gov.ph/content/application-requirements

http://www.census.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/annotation-annulmentdeclaration-nullity-marriage

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Billy and Ivy, based on my experienced it will take about 1 month for her to get an annotated marriage certificate. I would suggest to inform your fiancee to go directly at NSO head office located in East Avenue Quezon City to facilitate the annotation of her marriage certificate (annulment), to make it more faster. She will be requested to provide a copy of the following;

• Court Decree of Annulment/Declaration of Nullity of Marriage
  • Certificate of Finality
  • Certificate of Registration
  • Certificate of Authenticity
  • UN-annotated Marriage Certificate

Upon submission of the following requirements, she will be then advise to pay a minimal fee (I forgot the amount, but it's around 200-300 pesos) then she will get a reciept and information when her documents will be released.

I hope this information helps. Goodluck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the reply Hank and jpalanca21.

We thought we would be ok with our time frame but things are moving faster than expected so far. All of the papers were submitted to NSO a little over 3 months ago, and we were told that the processing time was 3 months. She is in Davao, but if it would actually accomplish anything I could get her to go to Quezon City, but the problem is, it will take time to get more copies of the official annulment papers in order to do that, so not sure which would be faster at this point.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my case it only took me an hour to get copies of the annulment papers from the local civil registry where the annulment case was filed. But, process may be different depending on the city the annulment was finalized.

After all the requirements where completed, I went to NSO East Avenue Office in Quezon City and filed for the annotation of my marriage certificate. Actually, completion of the documents is less than a month and filing of the application from NSO East Avenue will not take more than 3 or 4 hours (be there first thing in the morning to avoid the queue)

I would recommend to call or follow-up your request to NSO in Davao. Most likely they will tell you if your documents are already available since it's almost 3 months, if not, you can get further info as when it will be released. Then from there you can take the next coarse of action.

Edited by jpalanca21

• 4 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, LY_071716 said:

Good day! Just wanna ask how long it takes for the issuance of finality . 

5 year old topic, not sure you will get a reply from the OP.

May want to start a new topic (blue button upper right)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 11/13/2013 at 7:00 AM, Bill & Ivy said:

Hoping someone that has already gone through this could possibly help us.

My fiance got her finalization of annulment papers, signed by the court back in 2009, long before we ever met. For whatever reason , the papers were never sent to NSO back then for her Annotated Certificate of marriage. Now we have started the K1 process and have passed the NOA2 stage. She had here lawyer send all the papers to the local civil registry back in July and they forewarded them to NSO in Manila we are told. From what information I can find, it typically takes about 3 months for NSO to complete them and return them to her or her lawyer, not sure which. Can anyone tell me how long NSO takes to issue the Annotated Certificate of Marriage. We must have this for her interview, but we are getting kinda worried, that if we keep going with the process, we wont have it by the time she goes for her interview. I don't want to send her all my papers yet, since they are time sensitive also, pertaining to her interview. Am expecting that we will get NVC approval soon, and not sure what to do.

Mine is already 8 months still waiting for annotation.

• Chancy locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.