sharks014

Fiancé Letter of Intent

11 posts in this topic

I just began working on my K-1 packet and I'm already stuck. The Fiancé Letter of Intent, begins by asking where the NAME OF COUNTRY WHERE EMBASSY IS LOCATED, and then requests the address. Are they referring to the Embassy in Panama where my Fiance in located? Will this be the same address for her and for me?

Thanks for your help.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I just began working on my K-1 packet and I'm already stuck. The Fiancé Letter of Intent, begins by asking where the NAME OF COUNTRY WHERE EMBASSY IS LOCATED, and then requests the address. Are they referring to the Embassy in Panama where my Fiance in located? Will this be the same address for her and for me?

Thanks for your help.

On the first letter of intent that you send, with your I-129F, you use the service centre address that you're sending the petition to. That's what we did and we were approved, no problems. When you write another letter of intent for the interview stage, you use the consulate address where your fiancé(e) will have the interview. Hope this helps. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I sent mine in with the address to the US Embassy in Ukraine. Probably, I should have addressed to the Nebraska USCIS service center. But I have not received any complaints or RFE's. I think that they are more interesting in the content of the letter than the address on the top. If fact, the address is used to make the letter look more formal. If you have no address at all, it probably will not affect your application.

They just want a signed/dated letter expressing intent to marry.

02-21-2006 Mailed K-1 application to Nebraska.

02-23-2006 USPS online confirmation of delivery.

02-24-2006 NOA1 (received 03-02-2006).

02-28-2006 Touched - first time.

03-01-2006 Check cashed.

05-03-2006 NOA2 - 68 days from NOA1.

05-16-2006 NVC received application.

06-27-2006 NOA2 again?

08-08-2006 Interview at Kiev embassy.

08-09-2006 Received the K-1 visa.

10-07-2006 Arrived at JFK airport.

10-26-2006 Applied for Social Security card.

12-29-2006 Married!!!

01-03-2007 Received Social Security card.

01-22-2007 Mailed I-485, I 765, and I-131 forms.

01-26-2007 NOA for I-485, I-765, and I-131.

01-27-2007 Received Illinois state ID card and driver's permit.

02-15-2007 Biometrics appointment.

02-28-2007 Received driver's license.

03-08-2007 I-485 approved.

03-15-2007 Received Permanent Resident Card.

03-15-2007 Applied for Social Security Card with married last name.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It doesn't matter what address you use as long as you use USCIS or US Consulate or Immigration or Homeland as the first line. Don't worry about it too much since it is part of the packet that will be going from one office to another as the process moves forward. (Or use the same address where the packet is going to.) Good luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

"to whom it may concern covers it all"

Glad to hear that, because thats all I or my fiance put on our letters. I didnt know about this site yet and didnt know what to put on the letter heading, so no RFE's on THAT part of the petition so i guess we are ok. I will however remember to do it correctly when i send him the second intent to marry letter after approval.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

I would say address the service center in the first one going to the service center and embassy in the second one that goes to the embassy.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I would say address the service center in the first one going to the service center and embassy in the second one that goes to the embassy.

You are correct Miranda. Aussiewench has commented on this issue before, saying the forms need to be updated, so that you use the Service Center for the first one, and the Consulate for the second one.

I used the Consulate address for the letters I sent the CSC, and didn't have a problem.

Robert

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

[

On the first letter of intent that you send, with your I-129F, you use the service centre address that you're sending the petition to. That's what we did and we were approved, no problems. When you write another letter of intent for the interview stage, you use the consulate address where your fiancé(e) will have the interview. Hope this helps. :)

Agree i did the same

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
"to whom it may concern covers it all"

Glad to hear that, because thats all I or my fiance put on our letters. I didnt know about this site yet and didnt know what to put on the letter heading, so no RFE's on THAT part of the petition so i guess we are ok. I will however remember to do it correctly when i send him the second intent to marry letter after approval.

Yep, we found Visa Journey after sending in our K-1 petition, and we didn't address our letters to anywhere specific, "to whom it may concern" did it for us. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.