JSC n GOM

CEAC updates

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Alright yardies now I need your help on the updates on CEAC

Interview was yesterday 8/28. After the interview CEAC was updated to a case creation date that said July 7, 2013 and status update of 8-28-13 and had immigrant visa application. Later in the afternoon the status changed it now says Nonimmigrant visa application with a case creation date of 8-28-13 and status update of 8-28-13.

Is this what generally happens? Is this a good sign?

Clearly I have too much time on my hands as I keep refreshing CEAC LOL. I am trying to keep patient but I am also so very anxious.

Please let me know if you know anything!!

Timeline

Is it possible for someone to give us a play by play of the status changes we will see on CEAC as folks wait on the issuance of their visa.

I.e.

1. Visa status will change from 'Immigrant Visa Application - Ready' to 'Non-Immigrant Visa Application- Ready'

2. .....

3. .......

4. ........

5. Visa now says issued, approximately 2-3 days before DHL waybill # is issued.

Thanks in advance.

Side note: I think they're moving quickly now becauseto the end of the fiscal year is upon us (September 30), maybe this is influencing these quick turn arounds. I pray they keep it up!!

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

NOA1: 1/29/13
Transferred to TSC; 6/21/13
NOA2: 7/6/13 (per Tier2-IO, no letter or email yet)
Received email confirming NOA2: 7/25/13
Sent to NVC: 7/26/13
Received by NVC: 7/29/13
Sent to Consulate: 7/30/2013
Case Number Received: 8/1/13
Packet 3: Never Received
Packet 4: 8/5/13
Interview: 9/5/13 *Approved
CEAC Status 9/6/13: Visa Status changed from 'IV Ready' to 'NIV Ready'
CEAC Status 9/10/13: Visa Status changed to Administrative Processing
CEAC Status 9/12/13: Visa Status changed to Issued
VISA in Hand!!!: 9/17/13
POE: 9/26/13

~~~ AOS ~~~

Sent in AOS with EAD/AP applications: 1/26/14

NOA1 for EAD/AP: 2/5/14

NOA1 for AOS: 2/7/14

Walked in for 3/6 Biometrics appointment: 2/27/14

EAD/AP combo Card Approved: 4/8/14

EAD/AP combo Card Received: 4/16/14??

Interview: ??

2 Year GC Approved: ??

2 Year GC Received: ??

"RESEARCH/READ MORE, post Less."

Timeline

Is it possible for someone to give us a play by play of the status changes we will see on CEAC as folks wait on the issuance of their visa.

I.e.

1. Visa status will change from 'Immigrant Visa Application - Ready' to 'Non-Immigrant Visa Application- Ready'

2. .....

3. .......

4. ........

Thanks in advance.

Side note: I think they're moving quickly now becauseto the end of the fiscal year is upon us (September 30), maybe this is influencing these quick turn arounds. I pray they keep it up!!

Yea so my status went from point 1 that you listed to now "application error" LOL I need to stop refreshing CEAC I am going to drive myself crazy

Timeline

This is correct. For K1 visas, once a CO has made a decision to issue the visa, the CEAC category switches from Immigrant to Non-Immigrant. When this happens the case creation date will change to the date the category switches to non-immigrant. This happens when the visa is set to be issued. Be on the look out, your visa is on its way.

I believe the embassy is picking up the pace due to experiencing a back log over the last few months. I believe with changes in administration(recentl developments came out about embassy employees taking bribes to issue a US visa to a JA artist). I'm happy for so many who have been receiving their visa rather quickly. I hope this continues.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Interview was yesterday 8/28. After the interview CEAC was updated to a case creation date that said July 7, 2013 and status update of 8-28-13 and had immigrant visa application. Later in the afternoon the status changed it now says Nonimmigrant visa application with a case creation date of 8-28-13 and status update of 8-28-13.

Clearly I have too much time on my hands as I keep refreshing CEAC LOL. I am trying to keep patient but I am also so very anxious.

Yes maam! This is great news and perfectly normal :-)

I.e.

2. .....

3. .......

4. ........

Thanks in advance.

Check my signature. I have the CEAC updates included on it. Hope it helps :-)

Bubblz

B1/B2 Visa Adjustment of Status
IR/CR1 Sent 03/07/2014

Timeline

Yes maam! This is great news and perfectly normal :-)

Check my signature. I have the CEAC updates included on it. Hope it helps :-)

Perfect! Thanks.

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

~~~ AOS ~~~

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Anything new with you?

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

~~~ AOS ~~~

Timeline

Anything new with you?

OK&MK, I see your status changed to AP. We had our interview and were approved two days before you on 9/3, but the website it still saying only "ready". I hope there isn't an issue with ours!

Timeline

OK&MK, I see your status changed to AP. We had our interview and were approved two days before you on 9/3, but the website it still saying only "ready". I hope there isn't an issue with ours!

Has it changed to 'NonIV application'?

Who knows the rhyme or reason but I'm sure you're status will update soon.

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

~~~ AOS ~~~

Timeline

Has it changed to 'NonIV application'?

Who knows the rhyme or reason but I'm sure you're status will update soon.

Yes it did change to nonimmigrant visa application and I do hope we get an update soon! It's hard to not be anxious!

Timeline

Ours still says ready and we were interviewed on 8/28!!! Gosh I hope there isnt anything wrong with ours either. This is such a stressful process

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

This is correct. For K1 visas, once a CO has made a decision to issue the visa, the CEAC category switches from Immigrant to Non-Immigrant. When this happens the case creation date will change to the date the category switches to non-immigrant. This happens when the visa is set to be issued. Be on the look out, your visa is on its way.

I believe the embassy is picking up the pace due to experiencing a back log over the last few months. I believe with changes in administration(recentl developments came out about embassy employees taking bribes to issue a US visa to a JA artist). I'm happy for so many who have been receiving their visa rather quickly. I hope this continues.

Can I just say that I had NOOOO idea about the creation date and switching from immigrant to non-immigrant? That is SO cool! I just looked at my fiance's case it the creation date was the date of our interview (which we received an approval) and it is considered a non-immigrant case now. Thanks for the insight!!! :D I know I'm working from a different country, but this is good info to know!

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question...do we schedule our own interview or wait for the US Embasst in kingston jamaixa to send the packet 3 & 4? And also on CEAC my status says IV "ready"...what does this mean? I have yet to receive an interview dat so idk if we should go ahead and sched it or wait for the emvassy to give us a date.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I have been scouring the vj site for info on this change. Thanks so much for the observation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.