VicandMarilyn

Getting Sputum results Aug 27th, what next???

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No results will be given over the phone. On the day you call they will instruct you to come back to SLMC to get you results in person...

Our results were ready on the 8 week mark exactly. We now have to go in for the results, good luck.

did you call them on the due day of the test or on the date they told you to call. isn't it they give us instruction to call them 5days after the due date of the exam result. like my sputum due is sept 11 but the date they instructed me to call is after 5 days which is the 16th. i would like to call them on the 12th or at least earlier than 16th but im a bit worried that they might not entertain my call since i am not obeying what i was asked to do.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

did you call them on the due day of the test or on the date they told you to call. isn't it they give us instruction to call them 5days after the due date of the exam result. like my sputum due is sept 11 but the date they instructed me to call is after 5 days which is the 16th. i would like to call them on the 12th or at least earlier than 16th but im a bit worried that they might not entertain my call since i am not obeying what i was asked to do.

They wanted us to call at 9 weeks, but we called earlier (8 weeks). Try to call them on the 8 week mark, they might have your results by then. If they don't have your results ready, they will tell you its still pending. No harm to call after the 8 week mark, but be prepared the make a lot of calls. Its always busy and hard to get through, be patient...

So you finished the medical on the same day you got your results? Good.....thanks!

Yes, i did it on the same day i went there to get the result. The guard from the lobby i asked where am i going to get the sputum result looked at the computer and stamped my slip " Immunization Area..", and he told me i am for Immunization already.

I hope Marilyn did not have sexual contact on her unsafe days because she can not have the vaccines and will have to go back

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Timeline

another question please. let's say the culture result was negative and had your vaccination already, will SLEC schedule the interview appointment for us like what they said? and what if as far as you know, there's no more available nearest schedule for you, does SLEC gets you a priority date where in they give it to those that had to undergo sputum test or treatment of 6mos?

i just checked the USEM calendar a while ago and it seems like there's no more available dates around Sept or early Oct. and my sputum results will be available Sept 11, i was hoping to get an interview date of around Sept still. i hope it's still possible.

Yes, St. Luke's will re schedule ur interview appointment for you. As a matter of fact, at the Releasing Section, the girl asked me if i already have my interview schedule or they can do it for me..On my case, i don't have interview schedule yet when i did my medical, so there's no need for them to schedule/reschedule the interview appointment.

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

Timeline

i see. i was just worried that SLEC might not get me an earlier available schedule around Sept anymore since the last time i check, there's no more open slots for Sept and early Oct. i know the USEM calendar changes every now and then but in case there's no more open slot available at that moment, does it mean i will probably get a later date like mid or end of Oct or does SLEC have the authority to get their clients who had sputum test an earlier interview appointment since they got delayed for months already. i wish they could since it's really a dreadful thing to wait for the sputum result for 8weeks and another weeks of waiting for the interview schedule is the last think i want.

in your case,may i know how many days do you have to wait from the day you got your result and vaccination until you will have your interview?

I am not so sure how the scheduling works at St. Luke's.

I have to wait 18 more days until my interview date, but, NVC sets my interview schedule since i am an IR-1 category..

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

another question please. let's say the culture result was negative and had your vaccination already, will SLEC schedule the interview appointment for us like what they said? and what if as far as you know, there's no more available nearest schedule for you, does SLEC gets you a priority date where in they give it to those that had to undergo sputum test or treatment of 6mos?

i just checked the USEM calendar a while ago and it seems like there's no more available dates around Sept or early Oct. and my sputum results will be available Sept 11, i was hoping to get an interview date of around Sept still. i hope it's still possible.

What do you mean had your vaccinations already? SLEC doesn't do the vaccinations if you have to do SPUTUM testing until after that is completed.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

What do you mean had your vaccinations already? SLEC doesn't do the vaccinations if you have to do SPUTUM testing until after that is completed.

Hank, you misread the OP's question..She/He asked if the result of the culture is Negative and was given vaccinations already after getting the result..smile.png

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

Timeline

UPDATE...results neg...yeyyy!

She finished her medical the same day. She had to take a pregnancy test, then got her shots. The plan to make my own appointment for the interview paid off, her interview is next week Sept 5th.

Now I need to research POE procedures...

Timeline

POE is... show up with sealed packet, go thru customs, and go home!! wink.png

Sounds easy, hehe...do they need to know where and when the POE will be?

Congratulations to Manilyn!!!

POE is the first US airport she will land..

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

Timeline

UPDATE...results neg...yeyyy!

The plan to make my own appointment for the interview paid off, her interview is next week Sept 5th.

Do you mean you made your own appointment rather than waiting for the results and having St Luke's make the appointment for you?

My fiance was instructed to call October 23rd to get her results. I will be in Japan on business first week of November. I wanted to schedule her interview myself either before or after my trip so that I can use that opportunity to fly to Manila and be with her for the interview. Rather than make a separate trip to the Philippines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.