Niblet

Help in rescheduling from Aug 19th fiasco..phones busy

59 posts in this topic

May be a simple question but that doesn't mean we HAVE the answer... we gather information in bits and pieces as others post it here, experience it or we trip over it during a search.

Glad you got things handled.

ahhh HAnk we are talking about a simple embassy phone number here guy,,,not rocket science,,,,i think EVERY person on this forum has called an embassy at one point or another,,so yes,,it really was a simple question that should have been answered in about 20 minutes,,but it seems that no one wanted to help me out,,because I sounded "arrogant" as one guy said,,,,

why all the haters on here?

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

ahhh HAnk we are talking about a simple embassy phone number here guy,,,not rocket science,,,,i think EVERY person on this forum has called an embassy at one point or another,,so yes,,it really was a simple question that should have been answered in about 20 minutes,,but it seems that no one wanted to help me out,,because I sounded "arrogant" as one guy said,,,,

I gave you the phone numbers I knew of, as did others, most did not even know of the 703 phone number until someone posted just now.

"...that should have been answered in about 20 minutes," Really??? Just because you ask a question and don't get the answer you want in 20 minutes... you think you have the right to throw a b!tch fit here on the forum? Then you turn around and call us haters???

Seriously, lots of folks tried to assist you... but if you have issue with this forum... don't hang out here. There are tons of other forums on the internet or have you pissed them off there also?

Simple question here is; Why did you not do a web search to find the phone number you wanted, but instead posted your question here then sat and bitched when you didn't get the answers you wanted? What makes you think everyone that tried to help is here just waiting to starting doing a web search JUST FOR YOU??

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If a person has asked the same questions more than once and it has been answered more than once... for sure I will say something about having already answered it.

For many things I refer to links as there is more detailed information that I don't see the reason to copy and paste to answer... if you are too lazy to click the link and read... too bad.... that shows who is the actual lazy person. For much of the information I spent the time to look it up, setup it up and make it so it can be easily links... you did what???? Nothing! You lazily post a question and expect someone else to do the searching and provide you with the answer.

And as for my guide that I link to.... DON'T READ IT!!!! No one is forcing you to. And if you want all the info fresh and nice... go google it and look it up yourself, and stop complaining about the FREE advise (isn't like you paid anyone to provide it for you).... truly I don't care.

Um, hellllllllo it's a FORUM. People WILL be asking many questions that that you've seen before so dont punish newbies by referring them to a link with gobs and gobs more info then what they actually asked, when you could simply answer the question first, THEN provide a link with additional info. Understand the difference??? If you weren't lazy like what Niblet pointed out as well, you'd simply ANSWER the question directly! Or is that too hard for you to do and would rather complicate rather than simplify? (avoid ever learning how to play chess, if that's the case)

Haha, i think i hit your nerve on your lousy help file. How about instead taking the advise of turning on a SPELL CHECKER before submitting pages and pages of garbage? Not sure if you're aware, but spell checks are FREE of charge. <end sarcasm>

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I referred to a person who asked the same question numerous times... not numerous people asking the same question.... jeez! What a maroon...

Like said you don't like my guide... don't use it.

You wouldn't know how to hit a nerve if it bit you in the behind. :)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The 214-571-1600 number is a piece of ### as far as I'm concerned...never rang whenever I called it.

And as for problems with the embassy, yeah there's the hurricane, as well as I would have to say you are not going to be dealing with the "cream of the crop" with any of them, if you get my drift.

Timeline

I never saw that number until this thread a few minutes ago. I did get through eventually using the Philippine numbers on skype (after using up most of my skype credit ringing off the hook most of the time after transferring to the IV extension), to be told the visa still being processed, and it "may" be printed next week. No reason for AP was revealed.

Timeline

And since we are into calling people lazy here... I just googled USEM phone number, and came up with this: http://manila.usembassy.gov/contact.html

Well, to be fair, they must have changed that number fairly recently. I never saw that number when I was looking a week ago, it was listed as 214-571-1600, and nevr rang...so yeah, I guess the old number doesnt work. I'm guessing the real number was the 703 number for a quite a while while the 214 number was listed...cream of the crop at work...

I understand. But things change. And when I was looking into contacting the USEM on Wednesday (on an unrelated issue), this is the number I found.

Since you are on your fourth Filipina now, surely you would be well versed in contacting the USEM?

Timeline

Hey, why don't we insult and alienate all the people you actually try to help people here...maybe that will get us better and faster answers to our questions!! Maybe we should get "Bughousemaster" on here too!idea9dv.gif

Um, hellllllllo it's a FORUM. People WILL be asking many questions that that you've seen before so dont punish newbies by referring them to a link with gobs and gobs more info then what they actually asked, when you could simply answer the question first, THEN provide a link with additional info. Understand the difference??? If you weren't lazy like what Niblet pointed out as well, you'd simply ANSWER the question directly! Or is that too hard for you to do and would rather complicate rather than simplify? (avoid ever learning how to play chess, if that's the case)

Haha, i think i hit your nerve on your lousy help file. How about instead taking the advise of turning on a SPELL CHECKER before submitting pages and pages of garbage? Not sure if you're aware, but spell checks are FREE of charge. <end sarcasm>

EXACTLY! its a forum! thats what its for,,,to SHARE info,,,I dont believe no one knew about the other number,,,everyone was calling the embassy and getting through supposedly

your info in your link is wrong,,I believe they changed to the new number in July,,,time to update your handout hankmeisterdancin5hr.gif

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

The 214-571-1600 number is a piece of ### as far as I'm concerned...never rang whenever I called it.

And as for problems with the embassy, yeah there's the hurricane, as well as I would have to say you are not going to be dealing with the "cream of the crop" with any of them, if you get my drift.

good.gif

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Since you are on your fourth Filipina now, surely you would be well versed in contacting the USEM?

yeah but they changed the number in July,,,,what can i say,,I did actually find the number friday eve,,,but didnt want to give Hank the satisfaction,,I wanted to see if another member would help me

a couple did,,way after the fact,,but an attempt was made,,

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Just called 214-571-1600. It is a fast busy, or a trunk busy. Means the call isn't going thru to the intended destination. Anyone who has been making calls in the US for the past 30 years should be familiar with a normal busy bzzzzzz.... bzzzzzzzzzz... bzzzzzzzzz..... vs. a trunk busy bzzz bzzz bzzz bzzz bzzzz. It means your call is not going thru, not that the phone on the other end is busy.

If you've been getting this for weeks, it's probably no longer a valid number. Not that it's unusual for this to happen calling a foreign country, have had it happen many times. But if it's persistent for days or weeks, it means something is wrong with that number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.