Niblet

Help in rescheduling from Aug 19th fiasco..phones busy

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Apparently you didnt read my post,,,I have a program on my smartphone that auto dials a busy number, I set it up to dial every 3 seconds and ring me when it was answered,,I set the phone next to me for well over an hour.

All it did was get a busy signal,,,,there is NO WAY that many people are calling in that fast,,,I'm not buying it. I have called this number at 2 in the AM still busy,,,Sir the number doesnt work,,plain and simple ok?

I know this isnt about me,,,we are all in this together,,,i will get throught this and when I'm done I will share my experiences in a write up,,to SHARE with the rest of the forum,

You claim I am arrogant? yet you admitted to having the info I need but are intentionally with holding it? are you serious?? and your calling me arrogant? you live in Raleigh?too bad I dont live in Greensboro anymore,,we could've met up so you can see how arrogant I am in person!

This unreal,,,,I am asking a simple question and am getting nothing but attitude

You calling at 2AM is 3 PM in the Phils so I am sure the phones were very busy then. And if you call during the day here in the States I am pretty sure won't get you anyone.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

dont rely too much on hank.... that's your 1st problem, lol

Really? Well let me add you to the do not call list ... oh never mind I don't offer pointers for the embassies in Canada, I try to help folks in the Philippines. ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

There are also the local numbers that I COPY/PASTED with the notice from the embassy website. Maybe have your fiancée try calling.

The 214-571-1600 being busy doesn't mean it doesn't work... it means.... its busy! There are hundreds of people just like you trying to get rescheduled. Just like very one else you will have to keep trying until you get through.

Have your tried to log onto your account and reschedule online?

You may not be venting at the VJ folks... but seriously .... we are the only ones here.

yes when i attempt to reschedule online,,it asks me for the bank receipt #,,I put it in and it says its not valid,,,or whatever,,it thinks i already had an interview and i need to input a valid (new) recepit # which of course I'm not going to do

I tried the 1600 number last week also,,,BUSY,,,,My girl said that in line at the embassy others were commenting that the number doesnt work,,,,so wow guess what,,maybe it doesnt work?

why do I get a busy signal even during non duty hours? theoretically it should at least ring diba???

The reason i sound a curt is because your treating me like I'm making this all up or something,,,I' am telling you in no uncertain terms that that F'in number doesnt work,,,so lets move past that is there another number you can can call from the USA directly? I;m not going to call the local PI numbers,,my girl can do that,,,I want an alternaet number for the USA or I want others to tell me that they did in fact use this 1600 number and got thru in the last couple of days

Edited by Niblet

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am not new to the site, but joined recently because i realized its where I should have been all along.

I will fill out and tell you my story soon, but i really need some help before I blow a gasket.ranting33va.gif

I sceduled (online) my fiancee for an interview for K-1 visa at the manila embassy for 19 Aug at 0730. She showed up and was handed a slip of paper and told to call back or go to the website to reschedule.

I have called the 214-571-1600 number every 3 seconds for the last several hours. (it is during the posted Philippine business hours) I used an auto dial app. on my smartphone.

I have NEVER gotten through on this line now or ANY other time I have called,,can someone pls tell me in laymans terms ####### is going on? what is this business about a number to call and get a "PIN" valid for 3 calls? what is this all about and why should I do that when I can supposedly just contact them from the USA directly using the 571-1600 number?

Iof course the website is useless, I enter my recepit number and it says its not valid,,( I am assuming it thinks I already had an interview and wants anothre receipt number,,,another fee)

Why is the US embassy so useless in such a simple scenario?

yes,,,,I am frustrated,,,Thanks for allowing me to vent

Not sure if this will help:

Call Center Hours And Contact Information

The Embassy’s call center numbers for information and appointment scheduling are: (02) 902-8930 and (02) 982-5555. For calls from mainland or continental United States, dial (703) 520-2235. The call center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, Monday through Friday.

Appointments can also be scheduled online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph.

Last update: July 8, 2013

http://manila.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visa.html#callcenter

Timeline

yes when i attempt to reschedule online,,it asks me for the bank receipt #,,I put it in and it says its not valid,,,or whatever,,it thinks i already had an interview and i need to input a valid (new) recepit # which of course I'm not going to do

I tried the 1600 number last week also,,,BUSY,,,,My girl said that in line at the embassy others were commenting that the number doesnt work,,,,so wow guess what,,maybe it doesnt work?

why do I get a busy signal even during non duty hours? theoretically it should at least ring diba???

The reason i sound a curt is because your treating me like I'm making this all up or something,,,I' am telling you in no uncertain terms that that F'in number doesnt work,,,so lets move past that is there another number you can can call from the USA directly? I;m not going to call the local PI numbers,,my girl can do that,,,I want an alternaet number for the USA or I want others to tell me that they did in fact use this 1600 number and got thru in the last couple of days

Nope, don't think you are making anything up, I am absolutely sure the phones are busy when you call. I am sure you are getting a message online that you number is not valid.

You want an alternate phone .... I appreciate that. Can't help with that, no one here can. Any numbers available are listed on the embassy website.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The Embassy’s call center numbers for information and appointment scheduling are: (02) 902-8930 and (02) 982-5555. For calls from mainland or continental United States, dial (703) 520-2235. The call center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, Monday through Friday.

DING DING DING! we have a winner! I called this (703)520-2235 number and got right through the first attempt! Thanks Torete!

That wasnt so hard was it people? why is everyone (including the embassy on their K-1 visa instructions) still handing out this 214-571-1600 number? when it doesnt obviously work?

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

The Embassys call center numbers for information and appointment scheduling are: (02) 902-8930 and (02) 982-5555. For calls from mainland or continental United States, dial (703) 520-2235. The call center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, Monday through Friday.

DING DING DING! we have a winner! I called this (703) number and got right through the first attempt! Thanks Torete!

That wasnt so hard was it? why is everyone (including the embassy still handing out this 1600 number? when it doesnt obviously work?

So did you get the scheduling problem resolved?

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What "USA number " did you call? the line is busy,,,even redialing every 3 seconds for over an hour,,,I need a good number

THIS IS THE NUMBER I CALLED. I WAITED ON THE LINE FOR HALF HOUR BUT GOT AN ANSWER AFTER PATIENTLY WAITING. 703-520-2235. Wait monday 8am PH time. Hope this helps

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

So did you get the scheduling problem resolved?

yes and no,,,the embassy rep would not reschedule over the phone,,,,,she said the embassy had failed to contact my fiancee via email and that they would be doing so very soon,,,,(whatever that means)

to let her know that she can call in once more and reschedule, I simply dont understand why she wouldnt just rescedule me right then and there???

so now I have to WAIT over the weekend and I'm sure there will not be any action on monday,,,I will be calling again though to get an update,,,,,they claim they want to get all who missed appointments caught up within 5 business days

and i will hold them to that comment.

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

THIS IS THE NUMBER I CALLED. I WAITED ON THE LINE FOR HALF HOUR BUT GOT AN ANSWER AFTER PATIENTLY WAITING. 703-520-2235. Wait monday 8am PH time. Hope this helps

Thank you,,this is all I wanted to know,,,,didnt mean to get everyone so upset it was a simple question

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Timeline

Thank you,,this is all I wanted to know,,,,didnt mean to get everyone so upset it was a simple question

Call them on monday. They are open on monday even if it is holiday. It is stated on their facebook that they do not recognized 26 as a holiday.

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

oh thanks,,didnt know that,,will they conduct interviews that day also? if they arent closed? or only call center open?

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Timeline

oh thanks,,didnt know that,,will they conduct interviews that day also? if they arent closed? or only call center open?

Yes they are open for interviews also. Meaning they are on a regular operation on monday.

They will conduct interviews that day. Some on VJ had theirs rescheduled to the 26th.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

May be a simple question but that doesn't mean we HAVE the answer... we gather information in bits and pieces as others post it here, experience it or we trip over it during a search.

Glad you got things handled.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.