acevce19

thinking ahead on things

9 posts in this topic

So just thinking ahead on things that we my husband and I may be questioned on in interview...

- On my hubby's birth certificate his uncle is listed as his father because his real father was not in the picture. Furthermore, in order for my husband to be able to enter kindergarten in DR he had to have a "father" designated on birth certificate. As a gesture of kindness and to allow my husband the opportunity to enter school my husbands uncle (mothers brother) signed as his father on birth certificate. So now my husbands surname is the same last name twice (e.g. Martinez Martinez ). His biological father passed away a while ago. Im wondering if they will ask why he has the same surname twice and if his parents are related or siblings. If so, my husband and I plan to answer honestly and advise them of why his uncle had to claim him as his son. Do you think this will be a problem?

What? On his BC it says he is the son of a brother and sister?

Can he get a corrected BC? Because the US wants to know who his real parents are. Who did he put as his father on the other paperwork, like the G-235A?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

This is interesting. All I can say is tell the truth when asked about it, never lie to immigration. This will trigger red flags when they see that the fathers name does not match with his uncles name. I would try to have the name changed or removed. If not be ready to do a lot of explaining. You may need to seek advice from an attorney for this particular matter if you cant resolve it yourself.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Honestly... whoever is on BC is the father..no questions asked.. you do not have to give info they do not ask. lastly biological father is deceased..why open a can of worms? whatever his or her mother did is not his problem.. legal doc is legal doc. If it is his cousin as father.. well that is all that counts.. You cannot read too much into it.

Mrs. Valdez

Honestly... whoever is on BC is the father..no questions asked.. you do not have to give info they do not ask. lastly biological father is deceased..why open a can of worms? whatever his or her mother did is not his problem.. legal doc is legal doc. If it is his cousin as father.. well that is all that counts.. You cannot read too much into it.

What? this is so wrong. His BC says he is the product of brother-sister incest. Maybe in DR people do all kinds of goofball things and lie on their BCs, but the US wants to know who the real parents are.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I guess we will cross that bridge when and if we get there. Another question, my husbands passport style photo is not 2x2 its 1x2 and every place he goes to take a 2x2 they tell him they only can do 1x2 wth! Will they still accept it?

I guess we will cross that bridge when and if we get there. Another question, my husbands passport style photo is not 2x2 its 1x2 and every place he goes to take a 2x2 they tell him they only can do 1x2 wth! Will they still accept it?

They only accept 2x2. He has to find a new location. Does he live near a major city, ie: Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, Santiago, etc?

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.