Trymester3

DId any of you take out loans to boost up your numbers on the Affidavit of Support?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have my income tax returns for the last 2 years putting me just above the poverty level (I'm at like 21-22 thousand a year according to the taxes). My mother is a co-sponsor though and she is at least at 50 thousand a year though. I was only going to include a savings account amount, because it asks for it on the I-134, the truth is though, I don't have a savings account. I just have a checking account which is frequently getting filled and emptied. then filled, then emptied. If a substantial amount does show up all of a sudden, then I can say that is just from repayment of a loan by a friend, which is usually the truth anyway.

It is not a requirement to use or list assets. You can leave all those questions blank.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ha, they get you one way or the other. Since I owned a business, like any corporation or small business, poured those profits back into the business leaving just enough money for myself to live on. If you don't, give a good share of that money you worked hard for to the government.

So I had to get a CPA prepared financial statement and was requested to do so for that I-864, and also for my wife with that I-864A. And since I couldn't pour the money back into my business, perfectly legal, but had to pour that money into immigration expenses that is nondeductible. That made my profits for that year very high. And so was my tax bill for that year. Kind of like double jeopardy.

Another huge expense for us was that I-693, filing fee is zero, but only a limited number of USCIS approved doctors, not covered by health insurance you are already paying a stiff premium for, and in a perfect position to screw you to death, and also nondeductible on your tax returns.

Process does give a bit of truth about that Statue of Liberty poem about bringing here your poor. If you are not poor before you bring them here, will be afterwards.

Ha, then after you lay out all this money to bring these people here, and you really have to be crazy in love to do so. Accused of fraud, and you are guilty of it, until you prove yourself innocent. Can only bet the founders of our constitution are turning over in their graves.

Edited by NickD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.