cat_lovers

Interview and medical exam

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Would it be fine to make an appointment on medical exam and interview right after I got the case number even if I haven't received the packet from the embassy yet?

Thank you so much for all your answers.idea9dv.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Would it be fine to make an appointment on medical exam and interview right after I got the case number even if I haven't received the packet from the embassy yet?

Once you have received your number from NVC then you can go ahead and make your medical appointment , as for the interview at the Embassy the answer is no - they make your appointment for this and send you a letter stating when it is. Hope that helps.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I recieved my case number 3 weeks ago , then i booked my medical and had it yesterday , now i am waiting for my letter for my interview at the Embassy. dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I thought, the applicant will be the one who will make an appointment for the interview.

Once you have received your number from NVC then you can go ahead and make your medical appointment , as for the interview at the Embassy the answer is no - they make your appointment for this and send you a letter stating when it is. Hope that helps.

Hi Everyone,

Better u ask this Question in Country Portal of China, bcoz in every country embassy has its own way of the process, like in my country i cant get my medical till i get my interview letter n then i will get that to their recommended Dr., so please place ur Question in China Portal...Best of luck

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Timeline

Wow! Congratulations! We just got approved the other day, August 19th, how long does it take for you to receive the case number?

Are you sure, you need to wait for the packet from the embassy before making an appointment?

I recieved my case number 3 weeks ago , then i booked my medical and had it yesterday , now i am waiting for my letter for my interview at the Embassy. dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Hi, Thank you!

What is Country Portal of China?

Where can I find it?

Better u ask this Question in Country Portal of China, bcoz in every country embassy has its own way of the process, like in my country i cant get my medical till i get my interview letter n then i will get that to their recommended Dr., so please place ur Question in China Portal...Best of luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, Thank you!

What is Country Portal of China?

Where can I find it?

You have found it, it is AKA China Regional Forum. rolleyes.gif

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

For a K-1 visa chaser headed to Guangzhou for the Visa Interview,

I say no, don't get the medical done at this stage.

Instead, chase down an account at ustraveldocs.com , pay the visa appointment fee, and chase down p3 and then set an appointment, getting the p4 interview letter.

Once you have that interview letter, is safe to get a medical exam - the medical facility is really sticky about paperwork...

Wow! Congratulations! We just got approved the other day, August 19th, how long does it take for you to receive the case number?

It's about 3 weeks, currently.

Ask your petitioner to call, using a telephone, to NVC every other day, asking for the Consular Casefile Number.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I thought, the applicant will be the one who will make an appointment for the interview.

Yup, for K-1 visa chasers headed to Guangzhou, it's 'self-schedule' at the ustraveldocs.com website.

There's some things that must occur prior to being able to self-schedule, though, so be aware of that.

Visa Processing at Guangzhou IV is unlike any other IV Unit in the world, so it's really best to study at the China sub-forum for what's gone down with folk, prior.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

OH! okay! Thank you! HAHA

I'm sorry, I am not really from China. I am a foreigner here so I am doing the best I can to cope on what is going on to those who are Chinese nationals who are also working with their K-1 visa.

Thank you so much for all your help here.

You have found it, it is AKA China Regional Forum. rolleyes.gif

Timeline

Hi, Thank you so much Darnell!

1. What is P3 and P4? Is P3, the document from NVC to Guangzhou and P4, the letter from the embassy to me?

2. Is it okay to make an account at ustraveldocs.com and schedule for the interview even if I am still waiting for the case number? (We just got approved last August 19th).

Thank you so much Darnell! star_smile.gif

For a K-1 visa chaser headed to Guangzhou for the Visa Interview,

I say no, don't get the medical done at this stage.

Instead, chase down an account at ustraveldocs.com , pay the visa appointment fee, and chase down p3 and then set an appointment, getting the p4 interview letter.

Once you have that interview letter, is safe to get a medical exam - the medical facility is really sticky about paperwork...

It's about 3 weeks, currently.

Ask your petitioner to call, using a telephone, to NVC every other day, asking for the Consular Casefile Number.

Timeline

cope? you must to cope?

ok.

Timeline

oh - i meant - this whole idea of 'coping' is just fruitless.

Instead, make yer plan, then do yer plan.

No need to 'cope' with anything - this stuff isn't reactionary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.