Dust

Working on my list; photograph and proof of marrige ?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Got the 325, I-130, and pics for my wife. I need to get my pic. What is the best way to get my pic done. It's not a usual passport size photo, so what is the best way to get my ID photo done.

Next, being from Japan, we don't have any proof of joint accounts, property, and no kids. We do have alot of vacation photos. My thought was just send in 1 or 2 from every trip with descriptions. What else should I be looking for?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Are you the petitioner? Do you live in the US? Passport photos should be 2 x 2 inches.

Also see here... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/370252-how-to-make-us-passport-photos-very-cheap/

Yes, do include pictures from all your trips. A few from each. You can print them out yourself on a regular paper. Write a brief description .. date/place/who is in the pic.

If you have any pics of you two with family members- do include those as well.

ALSO:

Boarding passes, itineraries, train tickets.

Hotel receipts.

Receipts from your wedding (reception, rings, dress etc). Wedding invitations. Wedding photos.

Chat logs, call logs.

Cards and receipts of gifts you sent to each other.

etc...

Type in "I-130 evidence" / "bona fide evidence" in the search box above, and see what other VJ'ers included in their packages.

Good luck :)

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you live abroad, ask the local US embassy for help with the passport pics- they can direct you to a local place where you can get them done the right size.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

If you are in the US then you need regular passport photos :) 2 inches x 2 inches. My husband had his taken at CVS today. 4/$12.

Make sure to include TWO each. Even though USCIS instructions call for ONE each, people do get RFEs for this. So, two for petitioner, two for beneficiary. On the back of the photos write your names and DOBs. Lightly, with a pencil.

Make sure you don't send any originals. Just photocopies. (Only forms must be originals).

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

I wouldn't include any emails of you arguing or not happy.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I was using Microsoft Word, and putting captions below each pictures on 8.5x11" paper. Should I just write on the back, and cut out the pics? Is plain paper ok, or shoudl I use photo paper?

What you were doing was just fine. Just caption below the photos. We did that ;) Plain paper is great, it cuts down the weight of the petition.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Just got a job offer in Kentucky. I have the paperwork all but ready to go. I will start in two weeks. Should I send the paperwork now as unemployeed, and send in an update, change my status to emplyed, but leave the home address in Texas, or should I wait until I can find an apartment (up to a month), and then send it in then?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.