27 posts in this topic

please keep in touch on how your filing goes:) Goodluck in advance upon applying for the I-130.

Hello! We filed DCF September 9 also. We went to the Embassy today to check the status of the petition and says it's still on review :=))

We try again on Monday :=))

Good luck!!! smile.png

My husband's petition is finally approved 09SEP after waiting for almost two months!! Waiting to get the case number (HOPEFULLY) by Monday since the woman said to call back so i can get the case number.. smile.png

Don't just call, be proactive...email them as well because the last time i called which was sep10 lady told me that it wasn't approved, when it actually was! THANK GOD i emailed because email states that the petition was approved the day before.

Anyways good luck sis! smile.png May Godbless us all with our visa journeys!

Keep in touch!

Hello! We filed DCF September 9 also. We went to the Embassy today to check the status of the petition and says it's still on review :=))

We try again on Monday :=))

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Good luck!!! smile.png

My husband's petition is finally approved 09SEP after waiting for almost two months!! Waiting to get the case number (HOPEFULLY) by Monday since the woman said to call back so i can get the case number.. smile.png

Don't just call, be proactive...email them as well because the last time i called which was sep10 lady told me that it wasn't approved, when it actually was! THANK GOD i emailed because email states that the petition was approved the day before.

Anyways good luck sis! smile.png May Godbless us all with our visa journeys!

Keep in touch!

WOW! Congrats Girl! We are going to call everyday hehe or maybe go back to the Embassy again and also email again until we get the status of our petition. Hubby wants to go back to the US na but he will not go back without me dancin5hr.gifluv.gif He is also from California wow.gif

Thanks! :)

Dont worry for sure mabilis lang ma approve yang sa inyo.. people who filed before me were approved in an instant! Yep keep calling everyday because it helps, haha kahit marinig niyo pa yung always statement nilang " processing takes 2-3 months!"

Where in Cali ba hubby mo sis?

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Thanks! smile.png

Dont worry for sure mabilis lang ma approve yang sa inyo.. people who filed before me were approved in an instant! Yep keep calling everyday because it helps, haha kahit marinig niyo pa yung always statement nilang " processing takes 2-3 months!"

Where in Cali ba hubby mo sis?

PM you :=))

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Unless anything out of the ordinary is in your case it should be pretty quick. I've cases of people getting approved from 3 working days to 2 weeks. I also read on livingincebuforums.com someone getting approved in 1 working day. My case in particular took 5 working days (Aug 14th file, Aug 28 approval, but there was embassy closings for a little over a week)

Just keep calling USCIS at ext 2224 and emailing them. They took 6 days to respond to my emails, fyi. After you get your approval from USCIS wait about 3 working days and start calling Immigrant Visa section at extension 5184, or my favorite 5185.

If anyone tells you that it is being sent, or is processing at NVC just get off the phone politely and call the other extension. DCF petitions stay at the embassy.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All!

I plan on using DCF. I leave for the Philippines on Monday. I'm pleasantly surprised at some of the quick turnaround times for those filing DCF. When I was researching this method I was under the impression a married couple couldn't file until after six months of marriage. I see on some timelines that some waited four months other filed shortly after marriage. Am I missing something in my research? My fiancee tells me she's hearing in PH that some are getting approved quickly too. I have never known the US government to do anything quickly except for maybe collect taxes owed! :) Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Specifically are we required to wait six months or can we file after we are married without waiting? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Best wishes and continued good luck and happiness to all of you.

Steve & Evelyn

Timeline

Today, 04:46 PM

Hello All!

I plan on using DCF. I leave for the Philippines on Monday. I'm pleasantly surprised at some of the quick turnaround times for those filing DCF. When I was researching this method I was under the impression a married couple couldn't file until after six months of marriage. I see on some timelines that some waited four months other filed shortly after marriage. Am I missing something in my research? My fiancee tells me she's hearing in PH that some are getting approved quickly too. I have never known the US government to do anything quickly except for maybe collect taxes owed! smile.png Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Specifically are we required to wait six months or can we file after we are married without waiting? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Best wishes and continued good luck and happiness to all of you.

Steve & Evelyn

Today, 04:46 PM

Hello All!

I plan on using DCF. I leave for the Philippines on Monday. I'm pleasantly surprised at some of the quick turnaround times for those filing DCF. When I was researching this method I was under the impression a married couple couldn't file until after six months of marriage. I see on some timelines that some waited four months other filed shortly after marriage. Am I missing something in my research? My fiancee tells me she's hearing in PH that some are getting approved quickly too. I have never known the US government to do anything quickly except for maybe collect taxes owed! smile.png Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Specifically are we required to wait six months or can we file after we are married without waiting? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Best wishes and continued good luck and happiness to all of you.

Steve & Evelyn

Hi Steve!

You have to be a permanent resident here in the Philippines or been here for 6 months in order to file for DCF at the USEM Manila. And after that you can file for I-130 which you will fall under CR-1 if you havent been married for 2 yrs or IR1 if married for 2 yrs or more. You must have proof too of your residency here in the Philippines such as lease statements, rentals, bank accounts, any will do.

Yes, people are approved in less than a month, some were even approved in a day. Just as long as you got all the requirements then you're good to go!

Hope i helped you in a way. Godbless!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Timeline

Hi Steve!

You have to be a permanent resident here in the Philippines or been here for 6 months in order to file for DCF at the USEM Manila. And after that you can file for I-130 which you will fall under CR-1 if you havent been married for 2 yrs or IR1 if married for 2 yrs or more. You must have proof too of your residency here in the Philippines such as lease statements, rentals, bank accounts, any will do.

Yes, people are approved in less than a month, some were even approved in a day. Just as long as you got all the requirements then you're good to go!

Hope i helped you in a way. Godbless!

Timeline

Thank you! Your timeline shows you filed several days after marriage. I saw another timeline the couple filed four months after marriage. So it appears to be a function of length of residency in the Philippines as near as I can tell. When I saw those short time after marriage I was excited at the possibility of filing soon after our marriage but it appears we'll have to wait the six months as a married couple before filing. As you might imagine we're anxious to come to the states and make some money so we can return and buy our dream home back in the Philippines. Thank you again and best of luck in your journey.

Steve & Evelyn

Yes, you have to be a resident here in the Philippines for 6 months! Just save every lease or rental receipts as you can because those can be given as proof of residency :) Yes there were also couples i've talked to here that file 1-2 weeks after marriage..

I'm glad i helped in a way & feel free to ask anything! There's a lot of people here that will give you a lot of infos :)

Anyways Goodluck in advance on your marriage! :)

Godbless!

Thank you! Your timeline shows you filed several days after marriage. I saw another timeline the couple filed four months after marriage. So it appears to be a function of length of residency in the Philippines as near as I can tell. When I saw those short time after marriage I was excited at the possibility of filing soon after our marriage but it appears we'll have to wait the six months as a married couple before filing. As you might imagine we're anxious to come to the states and make some money so we can return and buy our dream home back in the Philippines. Thank you again and best of luck in your journey.

Steve & Evelyn

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.