lostinblue

Iowa husband shoots, kills escaped inmate who held him, wife hostage

355 posts in this topic

800 children over period of 10 yrs.... there are many more activities in which more number of children die in a year.

Why is president or dems not talking about it?

Why are they not doing anything about controlling those things?

Same politicians who do not want civilan to own gun, wants armed guards to protect their family? (paid by tax payers)

donkey_using_computer_hg_clr.gif?w=450

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Of course there are cases it works like it should. But there is an overwhelming amount of cases where it doesn't and IGNORING that does not help anyone's cause.

Is someone going to have to explain to you the difference between guns and water again?

Penny most of the cases like Sandy the problem is not the gun but the ppl, brothers in Boston did not use the gun but yet they were able to ruin hundreds of lives.

Just coz Boston brothers used pressure cooker, should there be a limit or registration or background check for anyone trying to purchase a cooker?

No… coz that would be stupid, same way having a univ registry or having laws like 7 rounds in magazine only etc would be deterrent to law abiding citizens, it would have no impact on criminal elements.

donkey_using_computer_hg_clr.gif?w=450

cannot give you +1 everyday for your gif

Controlling what things?

Controlling the use of swimming pools, plastic bags, hammers you know normal household objects that are routinely used to kill and injure.rolleyes.gif If someone thinks this is a rational argument as to why people should think twice before buying a gun for protection then there's nothing you can do. Lost cause.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Penny most of the cases like Sandy the problem is not the gun but the ppl, brothers in Boston did not use the gun but yet they were able to ruin hundreds of lives.

Just coz Boston brothers used pressure cooker, should there be a limit or registration or background check for anyone trying to purchase a cooker?

No… coz that would be stupid, same way having a univ registry or having laws like 7 rounds in magazine only etc would be deterrent to law abiding citizens, it would have no impact on criminal elements.

I guess we shouldn't put child proof lids on medicine or covers on electrical outlets?

I didn't mention Sandy Hook. I didn't mention school shootings at all.

I'm talking about guns in the home and how likely they are to be used for the 'wrong' reasons rather than the right reasons like this story.

Please try and stick to the topic at hand.

How does controlling how many rounds one can have in magazine, creating a database about the gun owners helps in preventing those gun related deaths?

How does this even remotely answer my question?

You asked why the President and Dems aren't controlling the multiple other things that are killing children. I asked what those things are.

Timeline

I didn't mention Sandy Hook. I didn't mention school shootings at all.

I'm talking about guns in the home and how likely they are to be used for the 'wrong' reasons rather than the right reasons like this story.

Please try and stick to the topic at hand.

Gun used in Sandy hook was also in home.

You are just arguing the same thing which big dog has been harping we have blah blah number of gun deaths compared to the world.

You cannot compare with anyone other country it would be like banishing all the vehicles from country and saying we do not have a single death in automobile accident.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are no deaths from children electrocuted or children consuming meds?

Of course there are. And the answer is not "medicine and electrical sockets don't kill kids, kids kill kids." We recognize the danger and do something about it. And we're rational enough to know that "teach your kids better" is not the root cause.

Timeline

How does this even remotely answer my question?

You asked why the President and Dems aren't controlling the multiple other things that are killing children. I asked what those things are.

I asked u 3 questions why are they only after guns and nothing else?

Gun used in Sandy hook was also in home.

You are just arguing the same thing which big dog has been harping we have blah blah number of gun deaths compared to the world.

You cannot compare with anyone other country it would be like banishing all the vehicles from country and saying we do not have a single death in automobile accident.

Yeah, I have no idea what you're even attempting to argue here. I think I remember now why I gave up on talking to you.

You jump to like three different arguments in a few sentences and ignore what's actually being discussed.

Edited by Penny Lane

Of course there are. And the answer is not "medicine and electrical sockets don't kill kids, kids kill kids." We recognize the danger and do something about it. And we're rational enough to know that "teach your kids better" is not the root cause.

Higher voltage and more meds is the answer.

I asked u 3 questions why are they only after guns and nothing else?

What other things are you suggesting they go after?

Yea no point in arguing with you as have to explain things to you first.

Yep, can't keep up with your broken English and jumping around from topic to topic. I'm sure someone else can though.