KP & SP

Theory: Where is my file located? (NBC or Local Field Office).

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

The same sort of thing happened when my husband sent the I-130 in Oct 2012. In Aug 2012 is when they stopped sending the petitions to both the California and Vermont service centers. They also transferred any sent after the date to the NBC but anything that was received before Aug 15, 2012 stayed. We also had a heck of a time learning about local offices. It was even more confusing when a local office would send out a NOID over something that normally would be an RFE or for something like a beneficiary's birth certificate copy. OMG it was a mess. It was even harder on those who were still at CSC or VSC seeing someone approved in a month in Nov or Dec, when they filed in June 2012. Teague made me realize how harsh the system could be. Take a look at her timeline.

I fully expected my I-130 to take a year. I after seeing a few people being approved in a month or two, worrying about it, and then having my husband saying, "Let them do their work. If it takes over 6 months I'll inquire but until then, we have no control so stop worrying." while giving me a hug, made me realize that if I set the goal as far as possible, I would be happier with the result. So I did my research on the next stage and tried to get everything worked out. My husband delayed a bit, even said "you didn't say you needed this paperwork..." even though I had, a hundred times. But as a husband, he had already learned to tune me out until it was urgent, LOL. It hit him hardest when his friend, who married after us, brought his wife to live in the USA in a fraudulent manner because of a lawyer, and told him that his wife had her green card. But his friend doesn't seem to be as happily married as we are so maybe karma? Who knows.

I actually had a cousin write on a wedding card "what is a year in the rest of your lives?" just like you did. I kept that close to my heart when I worried.

Exactly, one of my cousin was granted an asylum within a month (grounds for filing an asylum for his case was entirely fraud). And his family, spouse and kids already have a visa in hand to join him in US. All this happened within 2.5 months. How could I explain this to my wife? Am I an American Citizen, if so, why am i getting treated like a second class citizen? I do not envy anyone because envying others would pull ourselves to the bottom but it hurts really deep inside the heart to see tears in my wife's eyes. All I am asking from these idiots is to let me be with my wife, stop playing games with someone's emotions.

Exactly, one of my cousin was granted an asylum within a month (grounds for filing an asylum for his case was entirely fraud). And his family, spouse and kids already have a visa in hand to join him in US. All this happened within 2.5 months. How could I explain this to my wife? Am I an American Citizen, if so, why am i getting treated like a second class citizen? I do not envy anyone because envying others would pull ourselves to the bottom but it hurts really deep inside the heart to see tears in my wife's eyes. All I am asking from these idiots is to let me be with my wife, stop playing games with someone's emotions.

To the US gov't in this process you're a number. It's not personal. They honestly are going to work, and doing their job, just like the cashier at Wal-Mart. Nothing more, nothing less. If anything they have to try to put aside any personal connections to the numbers and look strictly at evidence.

The only thing you can do is report something that's fraudulent and be happy in the knowledge you're doing this all correctly, legally, and won't have worries later about someone knocking on your door. Of course the tears hurt, but remind her, what is a year, even two, in a lifetime? They pass so fast as adults. I see my daughter grow and I remember when she was a small baby, I wish I could go back to that time just to hold her like that one more time. But we never can, so looking forward is all we can do. Best of luck to you. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The entire process is very frustrating, the lack of transparency with it is the most frustrating of all.

This is definitely the most frustrating part - not knowing what is going on/being told different things by different people.

For me, it is easier to be patient when I feel like I know what I am in for, or can make plans based on generally correct information.

I miss my husband - and like everyone on here, it is hard to be apart. Even more so, it is hard to balance resources for visiting vs saving for moving costs.

I just try to remember that each day I am waiting is one day closer to approval.

s-event.png s-event.png
IR-1/CR-1 Visa : National Benefits Center NVC Received: 2014-01-08
Consulate : Montreal, Canada NVC Case Number: 2014-02-07
Marriage : 2013-02-22 Paid I-864 Bill: 2014-02-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-03-16 Sent I-864 Docs: 2014-02-14
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-20 Paid IV Bill: 2014-03-03
Trans. to NSC : 2013-11-05 Sent IV Docs: 2014-03-04
I-130 NOA2: 2013-12-16 Submitted DS-260: 2014-03-06

Case Complete 2014-03-21

Interview & APPROVED 2014-05-08

POE 2014-06-21

Timeline

I am a April Filer, so the question remains unanswered:

whether my file will be transferred to local office or

will it be adjudicated by NBC or

will it be transferred to the new kansas office?

I think I have a theory about the location of I-130; this is solely based on my infopass appointment.
When i asked the IO during my infopass appointmnet if my file would be transferred to the locaol office, i was told twice that only if the petition is behind the goal then it would be transferred to local office.
So, if any application that does not get adjudicated within 5 months gets transferred to local office becasue technically the petition is flagged as being behind.
USCIS goal = 5 months.
National average = 13.8 months, recently dropped to ~8 months.
Thoughts?

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

I am a April Filer, so the question remains unanswered:

whether my file will be transferred to local office or

will it be adjudicated by NBC or

will it be transferred to the new kansas office?

I have the same questions. Our timelines are really close.

I wonder if I should call tomorrow before I go to see my husband....hmmmmm it's always a huge disappointment when I get off the phone with them

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I have the same questions. Our timelines are really close.

I wonder if I should call tomorrow before I go to see my husband....hmmmmm it's always a huge disappointment when I get off the phone with them

I don't think anyone could tell you for sure; not even Tier 2.

Filed: Timeline

@NLR - excellent post about understanding what you can and cannot control. My (Vietnamese) wife is very patient but gets frustrated when we don't know what is happening.

Very true that a delay of weeks or months is nothing in the context of a lifetime. Another way of looking at it is with each week or month that goes by we are that much closer to her being here, even if we don't know exactly when that might be.

And - having been married before and having learned this the hard way - I believe the really important thing is the marriage. Suggest people put their energy and emotion into making that work well. The rest will (generally I know) sort itself out.

Filed: Timeline

A July 2013 filer here. Didn't notice the address on the NOA1 receipt until saw this post. Figured it was MSC so just NBC center. Mine has the Kansas address so I guess it will be processed at the new place when operational...

A July 2013 filer here. Didn't notice the address on the NOA1 receipt until saw this post. Figured it was MSC so just NBC center. Mine has the Kansas address so I guess it will be processed at the new place when operational...

I read a few other posts where the more recent filers were sent to the Kansas Service Center already. Or right off the bat.

so I think April, May and possibly June are somewhere in LIMBO LAND. That sux !

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Another June filer, another MSC-KS address. I guess we are waiting for September now to see ####### is going on. biggrin.png

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Timeline

Living life in limbo, sucks to say the least. The irony in this whole process for me is I'm waiting to move to KANSAS! Kknowing that our paperwork is within an hour or 20 minutes driving time from our house ( dependant on whether it stays in MO or goes to Overland Park) and it still could end up in never never land is a scary thought. Let's hope us April filers don't get lost in the shuffle. Fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.