keine28

pampanga k1 applicants?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know, driving is their life in america. but we cant get our drivers license for a while right? Commuting more fun in the philippines haha

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Oh.... been so maarte for 12 yrs. since I learn how to drive. Rarely get jeepney. Things are diff. when we go to U.S. everything is far, need to drive here and there. If you depend to your asawa you will never get anywhere. hahaha

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

i am from Pampanga as well, Porac to be exact. Im done with the CFO seminar last July 3. haven't done with my interview yet since i had to undergo the dreadful sputum exam unfortunately, 1mon more before i can get my result. i am not really familiar on how to go to CFO though, i only took a taxi from Bocobo to their office with 2 more K1 filers i met from K1 group on FB. I will have to come back for the sticker when i have my visa on hand and most probably, i will just commute too. good luck on your coming seminars girls.smile.png

i am from Pampanga as well, Porac to be exact. Im done with the CFO seminar last July 3. haven't done with my interview yet since i had to undergo the dreadful sputum exam unfortunately, 1mon more before i can get my result. i am not really familiar on how to go to CFO though, i only took a taxi from Bocobo to their office with 2 more K1 filers i met from K1 group on FB. I will have to come back for the sticker when i have my visa on hand and most probably, i will just commute too. good luck on your coming seminars girls.smile.png

How far is it? How much was the taxi charge?

I hope and pray that your result will be negative.

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

Timeline

from Bocobo hotel, i think it only took like 10-20mins, we got there around 3am so it was still dark outside. we didn't realized ahead that the taxi we took wasn't using the meter, the driver just told us that we just pay the minimum which is around like P200 but we later found out that it will only cost less than a hundred on a metered taxi from the hotel. so for those taking a taxi, just a piece of advice, make sure the taxi is using the meter before taking it. i had a bad experience with a taxi cab before so im a bit scared of taking them alone.

from Bocobo hotel, i think it only took like 10-20mins, we got there around 3am so it was still dark outside. we didn't realized ahead that the taxi we took wasn't using the meter, the driver just told us that we just pay the minimum which is around like P200 but we later found out that it will only cost less than a hundred on a metered taxi from the hotel. so for those taking a taxi, just a piece of advice, make sure the taxi is using the meter before taking it. i had a bad experience with a taxi cab before so im a bit scared of taking them alone.

Yep. I experienced that need to go 10 mins. away because we have luggages, Taxi driver insisted no need for meters. Instead of giving them generous tip I will give exact amount they deserve!

Whenever they see that Pinay with White Guy, they just want to take advantage of it however if they felt that you are not from Manila they will do the same thing. Sad but it is happening. Worst they will take you in a long route just to let you pay bigger.

Edited by dahlia0811

Timeline

Yep. I experienced that need to go 10 mins. away because we have luggages, Taxi driver insisted no need for meters. Instead of giving them generous tip I will give exact amount they deserve!

Whenever they see that Pinay with White Guy, they just want to take advantage of it however if they felt that you are not from Manila they will do the same thing. Sad but it is happening. Worst they will take you in a long route just to let you pay bigger.

so true that is why i dont take cabs. when i do sometimes, i make away with the driver because he wants to fool me with the payment. devil.gif

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Timeline

just want to share my experience hoping it can be a lesson for anyone..

i had my medical last July 1. i took a bus from Angeles to Avenida then took a taxi going to Casa Bocobo. unfortunately, when the taxi learned that i don't really know how to get there and that i just had the address from my printed bookings, he took me farther than the exact location of the hotel and the funny thing was, he acted like he wasn't familiar with the route even when he told me before that it wasn't really that far from Avenida. i was asking him to put the meter on but he said i would have to pay him per meter which is P120 because he is an airport taxi and that he only took a passenger from the airport to a nearby hotel. i keep on insisting to put on the meter but he said we have to find the address first and deal with the fare later. in the end, he asked me to pay him P700 plus and he wouldn't let me out of the taxi. i got so scared since i couldn't get out. i told him i wouldn't pay him that amount but i gave him P500 since im really getting scared. he had to go out of the driver's seat and open the door from the outside before i was able to get off the car. i was really shaking in fear and in anger. fortunately, the place i got off was just a few steps from the hotel. i tried calling the LTO number but nobody is answering the call.

i hope it will never happen to me again or to anybody here... so please be alert for those taxi drivers who take advantage of their passengers.

Timeline

anyone from pampanga here who have their interview this august and no cfo sticker yet?

Hi. Do you have a viber? I'm not from Pamp but I'm from the next town, Bataan. I'm also waiting for the visa as it is delayed due to the storm. If time permitted we can go together too sa CFO. :)

11-28-2012 : Filed I-129F

11-30-2012 : NOA1

04-09-2013 : NOA2

05-24-2013 : Case sent from NVC to USEM

06-10-2013 : Medical

07-30-2013 : Interview

: Put to AP for one missing doc

07-30-2013 : CEAC status Administrative Processing

08-01-2013 : Doc submitted to the USEM

08-02-2013 : Doc received

08-12-2013 : Case referred to the CO

08-13-2013 : CEAC status READY ( Appointment info )

08-14-2013 : CEAC status READY ( Case is open )

08-15-2013 : CEAC status AP

08-16-2013 : CEAC Status ISSUED ( Heck, yeah! )

08-24-2013 : Visa packet received

09-04-2013 : Hello, America!

Timeline

Last year we got lost. Ha ha 4 kmi mgkkasama. We met in vj and had our interview, medical and cfo at the same time. The taxi driver was so stupid. Not sure if he meant na mligaw kmi just to make money. Anyway we ended up tanong tanong to people out there until we found CFO. Then on our way back to manila when where my friends stayed (close to saint lukes) nag LRT lng kmi. It was so easy and way cheaper. I think we took recto then another lrt ulit to taft ave. Lrt is next to CFo lng. Make that landmark to the taxi drivers who doesn't know where is CFO located. Good luck girls!

Timeline

I know, driving is their life in america. but we cant get our drivers license for a while right? Commuting more fun in the philippines haha

Actually you can get your license pretty quick. First you get your SSN number, then license. It might differ in different states though but it should be all you need. I wouldn't be in a rush to drive though it's just added stress.

Timeline

Right.. Driving is stressful here.. Road is big and cars are fast. Lol! I am still lost here in Colorado.I had a hard time dealing w DMV though. Took me 5 months til I got my permit. Tell me about it, most job requires you to have your own car. Sucks huh!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.