178 posts in this topic

CEAC Info:

Administrative Processing

Case Creation Date: 24-Jan-2013

Status Updated Date: 16-Aug-2013

6/25/2013 - My husband's interview day. Was given back his passport & a white paper 221(g), told case being sent to Eligibility Review Unit

7/05/2013 - Sent email to Dakar Consular to ask "why" our case is in Review

7/26/2013 - Received email from Dakar Consular stating our case was in Review to "confirm the beneficiary's eligibility for a visa."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Interview : 06 Mar. 2013
Extra Doc.: 19 May 2013 (Submitted)
AP : 21 May 2013

AP : 27 May 2013 (Status Updated Date Changed)

AP : 21 July 2013 (Status Updated Date Changed after sending an email)

AP : 01 Aug 2013 (Status Updated Date Changed)

We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.
CHE GUEVARA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Case Creation Date: 18-Mar-2013 Status Updated Date: 13-Aug-2013 Interview Date: 17-July-2013

CO said case looks totally fine, everything is complete but it will need further processing which may take a month.

I get the msg that Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Egypt - AP was told approved at the interview with 1-2 months of ap (aka: the black hole). AP lasted 4 mo. 2 weeks. My fiancé rcvd a call from the embassy today!!! IT'S OVER --- APPROVED!! OMG APPROVED!!!

His TB test expired. So they'll send him his passport to go take it again. Then he'll send the results and his passport back to the embassy & they'll send it back WITH THE VISA STAMP within 10-15 days -- he'll have it!!

You guys this has been a draining and very stressful journey!! We've been on the journey for 1 year & 3 months. You can't get any real answers along the way. Especially in AP bc it's security checks (most commonly).

But don't give up!!!! Don't give up!!!! Things are happening behind the scenes. We just can't see it.

We have our good days & our bad days, without a doubt. But in the end, it all smoothes out.

Now....the storm is over!! So thankful the AP is over!!!

Wishing EVERYONE THE BEST OF LUCK & keep ur sanity! It's gonna happen! :)

I can't believe this moment is finally here, but it's here, Today - it's here!! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Case Creation Date: 21-JUN-2011

Status Updated Date: 19-Aug-2013

08/14 - Interview
08/14 - CO said we are approved (me and my 2 children),took our pasport , we have everithing at interview (5 years chat log,5 years western receipts, weding and family foto, husband passport stamp and plane ticket,) ;CO didn't mentioned AP in the interview ;he saw everything and said we are aproved;i will call you
08/14 - Ceac READY ( appointment info )
08/19 - CEAC READY ( appointment info)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Case Creation Date: 13-Sep-2012 Status Updated Date: 30-May-2013

He had his interview on January 10th and has been in AP ever since. He was told that everything looks good but had to undergo AP and it should take 1 week - 1 month.

It has been 8 months now (exactlty 32 weeks) since his interview date.

Hello PD - I also applied for my hubby DCF through Benin

Case creation date: January 30, 2012

Interview Date: March 6, 2012

Last status updated: July 17, 2013

StrongAlways, I know exactly where youre coming from

My hubby's case has been in AP for 1 year and 5 months and still counting.... We were also told that the interview went well and the embassy staff is very familiar with our case there since I have been in very close contact with them through the entire process of DCF. Hubby was informed interview went great and that his case has been placed under AP which should clear up soon.

We're still waiting on the "clearing up" part. Hope you guys have better cards in store than we do so far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CEAC CASE CREATION: April 23, 2013

INTERVIEW DATE: July 5, 2913

SUBMITTED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUESTED: July 9, 2013

DOCUMENTS PROCESSED: July 15, 2013

STATUS LAST UPDATED: July 29, 2013

OUR CASE IS STILL IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING :(

Timeline

Hmm okay. Well At least its not that only some are going into AP.

It seems like A lot of people are in this situation.

Even though It's not fair, we will have to get through it.

Hope this thread gets bigger and better with good news or any news!

Keep it coming guys, whoever it may be.

Timeline

INTEVIEW DAY: AUGUST,5/13 THEY RETURN PASSPORT TO MY FIANCEE

READY AND OPEN

CASE CREATION: DAY AUGUST 7

SATATUS UPDATE: AUGUST 13

THANKS

Hey what do you mean by ready and open?

Timeline

CEAC CASE CREATION: April 23, 2013

INTERVIEW DATE: July 5, 2913

SUBMITTED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUESTED: July 9, 2013

DOCUMENTS PROCESSED: July 15, 2013

STATUS LAST UPDATED: July 29, 2013

OUR CASE IS STILL IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING sad.png

Did they keep the passport

Case Created: 04/03\2013

Interview: 7/30/2013

Additional documents submitted: 08/02/13

Processed: 8/7/13

Still in AP

Did they keep the passport?

Hello PD - I also applied for my hubby DCF through Benin

Case creation date: January 30, 2012

Interview Date: March 6, 2012

Last status updated: July 17, 2013

StrongAlways, I know exactly where youre coming from

My hubby's case has been in AP for 1 year and 5 months and still counting.... We were also told that the interview went well and the embassy staff is very familiar with our case there since I have been in very close contact with them through the entire process of DCF. Hubby was informed interview went great and that his case has been placed under AP which should clear up soon.

We're still waiting on the "clearing up" part. Hope you guys have better cards in store than we do so far.

Did they keep his passport?

Case Creation Date: 13-Sep-2012 Status Updated Date: 30-May-2013

He had his interview on January 10th and has been in AP ever since. He was told that everything looks good but had to undergo AP and it should take 1 week - 1 month.

It has been 8 months now (exactlty 32 weeks) since his interview date.

Timeline

Interview : 06 Mar. 2013

Extra Doc.: 19 May 2013 (Submitted)

AP : 21 May 2013

AP : 27 May 2013 (Status Updated Date Changed)

AP : 21 July 2013 (Status Updated Date Changed after sending an email)

AP : 01 Aug 2013 (Status Updated Date Changed)

No they didnt keep his passport it was returned to him along with the 221g paper after the interview was over.

Oh okay. well hopefully that does not change anything they kept my wife's passport though. I have no idea if that's makes a difference but I just want to know from everybody if they kept it or not.

Case Creation Date: 18-Mar-2013 Status Updated Date: 13-Aug-2013 Interview Date: 17-July-2013

CO said case looks totally fine, everything is complete but it will need further processing which may take a month.

I get the msg that Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing.

They kept her passport?

Interview date July 1 we were missing one doc and told everything is looking fine and we need extra review so u r put under AP in the mean time.... our doc was received on 5th of July since than No news was received and whenever I call we get dead end answer so we r sitting tie and praying hard

they keep the passport?

Interview date : August 12

Ceac status: administrative processing

Last update : August 12

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

They keep the passport?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.