onek

NVC Expedite Process

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Guys, my expedite I-130 request just got approved. Could someone please guide me about what to expect next and how to expedite my case at NVC?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

I believe in Saylin's monthly NVC filers thread, in the IR1/CR1 progress reports forum, in post 1 or 2 she has instructions on how to expedite at the NVC.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Ok I have a question, Our i130 petition is approved and I did get a text message confirming, then minutes later it says that our file has been shipped to the Department of State. Is the Department of State the same as NVC or are they doing an over flow on the Visa processing too? can some one help? I didnt call them on today because it just hit my brain that it says Department of State and from what I googled they are located in washington i think

I am also in the same boat and a bit confused about NVC and DOS by reading at Visa Journey. (VJ). My expedited I-130 just got approved at USCIS. I am trying to find out the next steps, what to expect and how to proceed with my expedite at NVC, but when I started reading at VJ, there are discussions and topics under IR-1/CR-1 and there is a totally different section under NVC (DOS). I also found out by reading here that there are two different telephone numbers for NVC and DOS.

I can't find why NVC sections at VJ are discussed at two different places and where I need to be and also why there are two different telephone numbers for NVC and DOS.

I believe in Saylin's monthly NVC filers thread, in the IR1/CR1 progress reports forum, in post 1 or 2 she has instructions on how to expedite at the NVC.

I did some research here and looks like you can call NVC and speak with supervisor to expedite the request or send an email with subject line PL Supervisor Su Case number to get the case expedited. Also, some people continued the process at NVC while the waiting for the expedited process and others processed NVC steps at embassy.

Still searching for a more efficient way of handling the expedite request at NVC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

1 post split from another topic and merged with a related topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

1 post split from another topic and merged with a related topic.

???

I am also in the same boat and a bit confused about NVC and DOS by reading at Visa Journey. (VJ). My expedited I-130 just got approved at USCIS. I am trying to find out the next steps, what to expect and how to proceed with my expedite at NVC, but when I started reading at VJ, there are discussions and topics under IR-1/CR-1 and there is a totally different section under NVC (DOS). I also found out by reading here that there are two different telephone numbers for NVC and DOS.

I can't find why NVC sections at VJ are discussed at two different places and where I need to be and also why there are two different telephone numbers for NVC and DOS.

NVC is an agency of the DOS (Department of State). They are the actual agency that does the document intake and can tell you the most about your case. Calling DOS is mostly to find out when you have an interview or if your casefile has made it to the embassy/consulate. Or if you're in AP, they can let you know what's going on a little. They really do not have the information generally sought after by people calling the NVC.

NVC is where you get visas from for the USA, K1 visas stop there but don't do document intake, for example. So there is a general forum for NVC discussion for ALL visa types, then there is the IR1/CR1 who have to do a major document intake at the NVC which we try to keep in the IR1/CR1 forums so as not to confuse people too much. The threads correctly fit in either section, and because as such we leave them where they are (if it's okay where it is, leave it, is the organizer general rule.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Please I send my DS 230 form and other packages last week to NVC, plsease how long will it take to get interview date

completely unrelated.. please don't thread hijack.

NVC is an agency of the DOS (Department of State). They are the actual agency that does the document intake and can tell you the most about your case. Calling DOS is mostly to find out when you have an interview or if your casefile has made it to the embassy/consulate. Or if you're in AP, they can let you know what's going on a little. They really do not have the information generally sought after by people calling the NVC.

NVC is where you get visas from for the USA, K1 visas stop there but don't do document intake, for example. So there is a general forum for NVC discussion for ALL visa types, then there is the IR1/CR1 who have to do a major document intake at the NVC which we try to keep in the IR1/CR1 forums so as not to confuse people too much. The threads correctly fit in either section, and because as such we leave them where they are (if it's okay where it is, leave it, is the organizer general rule.)

Thank you for the explanation.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

How long it took you to go from USCIS TO NVC

AND HOW LONG IT TOOK YOU FOR YOUR INTERVIEW

I JUST GOT MY I130 APPROVED YESTURDAY

THANK YOU HELP

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long it took you to go from USCIS TO NVC

AND HOW LONG IT TOOK YOU FOR YOUR INTERVIEW

I JUST GOT MY I130 APPROVED YESTURDAY

THANK YOU HELP

it takes a few days or so to receive at their(NVC) office then another couple of weeks to get into their system then you would have the NVC case number and at some point,the next step of process will take place on the way, what you can do is to follow all the instructions has been taken in.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Thank uu since my case was an expediete

How long do you think til INTERVIEW??

THANK YOU

it takes a few days or so to receive at their(NVC) office then another couple of weeks to get into their system then you would have the NVC case number and at some point,the next step of process will take place on the way, what you can do is to follow all the instructions has been taken in.

Thank you.

Since my case was an expediete

How long til interview

Thank uuu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

All depends on the petitioner, and if/when the petitioner is successful in getting an expedite at NVC.

If the petitioner gets the expedite at NVC, then figure 45 to 60 days after expedite, for the interview date.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.