I AM NOT THAT GUY

Fury over 'Million Muslim March' scheduled for 9/11 - even thought the Islamic group planning it has only 57 supporters

61 posts in this topic

i'm a firm believer in the equal bashing of all religions. but being exposed primarily to christianity, i enjoy bashing my own first and foremost.

Jim Jones

David Koresh

All LDS polygamists

Dwight York

Fred Phelps

Jim Baker

Jimmy Swaggart

That is without googling

Those guys don't represent Christianity. But the fools that did 9/11? All muslims must hate america.

christianity gets glove treatment. nobody stays away from christianity because of jim jones. nobody believes the majority of christians are money grubbing sex fiends because of jimmy swaggart. there are plenty of people that believe that terrorism is the main artery of islam - not so many believe that warmongering capitalism is the main artery of christianity.

Every single time something happens in Iraq, Afghanistan, or anywhere that has a large muslim population, I get the 3rd degree from folks I work with.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Every single time something happens in Iraq, Afghanistan, or anywhere that has a large muslim population, I get the 3rd degree from folks I work with.

i'd say the vast majority of americans have no experience with islam or the myriad of other world religions - because christianity is too busy making the most noise.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those guys don't represent Christianity. But the fools that did 9/11? All muslims must hate america.

Stop being a Muslim bro. IMO its a waste of time/money anyway. content.gif

Stop being a Muslim bro. IMO its a waste of time/money anyway. content.gif

Do you even lift bro?rofl.gif

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

i'd say the vast majority of americans have no experience with islam or the myriad of other world religions - because christianity is too busy making the most noise.

And they have no desire to learn, they just focus on the nasty bits, even if the bible says the same thing.

I don't get it. Do I lift weights?

It's the typical bro response. My son and I do this when we talk.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

And they have no desire to learn, they just focus on the nasty bits, even if the bible says the same thing.

Have you watched the PBS miniseries/documentary "The Life of Mohammed"? It was on last night, and I recorded it on DVR. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's the typical bro response. My son and I do this when we talk.

Sweet I'm a bro and family now. Woot. Now let's go hit up a bacon sandwich.

Have you watched the PBS miniseries/documentary "The Life of Mohammed"? It was on last night, and I recorded it on DVR. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

No, I haven't. Most of my education comes from the wife and her family. Because there are so many ways to be a muslim, I keep it limited to what they tell me as not to offend anyone.

Sweet I'm a bro and family now. Woot. Now let's go hit up a bacon sandwich.

You wrong for that one.goofy.gif But my wife has mentioned that my reluctance to eat pork(usually the only pork I would comsume is the Mcrib or a sausage patty for breakfast) my complete disregard for alcohol and gambling made it a breeze for me to convert.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

No, I haven't. Most of my education comes from the wife and her family. Because there are so many ways to be a muslim, I keep it limited to what they tell me as not to offend anyone.

Must be tough. Religion is a difficult subject to discuss intellectually with family.

Must be tough. Religion is a difficult subject to discuss intellectually with family.

I am lucky in that it is never discussed in my family.

Not in my case. I am still a neophyte when it comes to Islam. So I don't try to argue with someone without going to the Quran and doing the research. Her side of the family is very forthcoming about it so I am not being hit over the head when I do something I didn't know was wrong in Islam. They have acknowledged I have had 38 years of Christianity put in me so it takes time to relearn things.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

That nasty bits are the important bits... If the first paragraph of a book says to rape all women with red hair then the next 600 pages talk about making the earth a better place by planting trees and playing volleyball... My focus is on the women with red hair.. Saying "Yeah but you don't even mention the part where where we plant trees!" misses the point.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect