kcbowhunter

NEED ADVICE ABOUT MANILA EMBASSY

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am here in Manila, Philippines with my fiancee. We are scheduled for our interview Thur if embassy is open. My problem is that fiancee has not finished her medical because of 2 month sputem test. She was supposed to get results Aug 7. When she called they said call back Aug 14. Then they scheduled aug 19. She finally made it today because of delays from heavy rain. Her sputem is negitave, but now they say she need pregnacy test which she did not have to have on first visit because she is 50 years old. she will return Friday for test. My problem is they told her to cancel embassy appt. and they would reschedule for her. I am only here for couple weeks so i could attend interview with her. We are thinking to ignore St Lukes and show up for interview anyway if embassy is open Thur. I know we would get 221g for incomplete medical but at least i be with her for interview. Anyone have any opinions

Timeline

If it was me I will just cancel the interview than to get a 221g, plus its risky on thursday, we are all not sure if its gonna open or not. I mean we cant tell the weather, we all thought that USEM will open today since it was closed yesterday but were wrong. But it is still up to you. That was just my opinion if I were on your shoes.idea9dv.gif

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Either way your faced with a delay. If you cancel the interview it should not be rescheduled until after you get the ok from St Lukes. You don't know what interview date you will end up with. If your lucky and you have enough vacation time left you might still make it. If it were me I AND I WAS ALREADY IN MANILA ON VACATION, I would not cancel the interview. I would keep it and attend the interview and take the 221g.

Our K1 Timeline

August 31, 2012 ...........NOA1
April 19, 2013................NOA2

May 2, 2013...................MNL # Available

June 3, 2013..................Interview

June 18, 2013................POE Dallas

AOS Timeline

July 26, 2013.................NOA I-485

August 27, 2013............Biometrics

September 5, 2013.......Notice of Interview date (October 15)

September 30, 2013.....EAD/AP Combo card in hand.

October 15, 2013..........AOS Interview

October 22, 2013..........AOS Approved & Green Card Production Ordered

November 1, 2013........Green Card in hand!

ROC Timeline

August 12, 2015............NOA

August 31, 2015............Biometrics

March 7, 2016...............Card Production Ordered

March 11, 2016.............I55 Stamp

March 12, 2016.............Green Card in hand!

Citizenship Timeline

March 6, 2017...............NOA

March 27, 2017.............Biometrics

June 20, 2018...…………..Interview

July 13,  2018...…………..Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am here in Manila, Philippines with my fiancee. We are scheduled for our interview Thur if embassy is open. My problem is that fiancee has not finished her medical because of 2 month sputem test. She was supposed to get results Aug 7. When she called they said call back Aug 14. Then they scheduled aug 19. She finally made it today because of delays from heavy rain. Her sputem is negitave, but now they say she need pregnacy test which she did not have to have on first visit because she is 50 years old. she will return Friday for test. My problem is they told her to cancel embassy appt. and they would reschedule for her. I am only here for couple weeks so i could attend interview with her. We are thinking to ignore St Lukes and show up for interview anyway if embassy is open Thur. I know we would get 221g for incomplete medical but at least i be with her for interview. Anyone have any opinions

Ahh.... broke the rule of no "close contact" until after the medical. oops8rh.gif

IF the embassy is open you could attend the interview without the medical on file and they will issue a 221g, but it for sure will cause delays later, as a few have been dealing with regarding missing medical files.

Me? I would do the interview and live through the 221g.... IF the embassy is open ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No can do fellas... You need to listen to the St Lukes. The St. Lukes have connection to the embassy and they can cancel your appointment to them due to your fiancee's condition. You have to face the delay and get on to the 2 months culture even her sputum is negative. Everybody who has been suspicious experienced that and have to cancel their appointment and get over it before St Lukes will tell you to retake the medical and let you pass and continue your medical. I know its devastating to hear but you just cant ignore the SLEC. Goodluck guys.

No can do fellas... You need to listen to the St Lukes. The St. Lukes have connection to the embassy and they can cancel your appointment to them due to your fiancee's condition. You have to face the delay and get on to the 2 months culture even her sputum is negative. Everybody who has been suspicious experienced that and have to cancel their appointment and get over it before St Lukes will tell you to retake the medical and let you pass and continue your medical. I know its devastating to hear but you just cant ignore the SLEC. Goodluck guys.

Read op again. Sputum already completed. the current delay is due to needing PT.

OP,

There is a possibility Embassy will turn you away but if you can ..go do the interview.

Keep in mind...you might be able to get the PT completed...SLEC get you rescheduled with an acceptable date...and I'm a bit out of the loop but...does SLEC still allow file to be hand carried?

In other words - you might still get it all done while you're still there.

Timeline

Wait? She already been in 2 months culture or almost? If the SLEC is not calling her that her culture is positive there's a big chance that she will be clear on the suspicion. 221g is what you will get but you have to inform the SLEC about it. Goodluck guys with the storm.

I think i misunderstood you. oops8rh.gif

Hahaha my mistake. I misread it.

No worries. smile.png

I sometimes have to reread a few times to comprehend the message....I hope it's not an early indicator of dementia..? unsure.pnglaughing.gifhuh.pngblush.png

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

No worries. smile.png

I sometimes have to reread a few times to comprehend the message....I hope it's not an early indicator of dementia..? unsure.pnglaughing.gifhuh.pngblush.png

Hahaha laughing.gif I think I'm too excited to reply.

But really, I hope you can get to your interview and be done with it if the embassy will open and I PRAY YES!!!! I want them to process my Visa as soon as possible. No more delays!!!!

Timeline

I think St. Lukes forgot to check your fiance's age?! She's 50 and she'll get pregnancy test??!! And isn't the urine sample she gave was already tested for pregnancy that time?

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Timeline

Ahh.... broke the rule of no "close contact" until after the medical. oops8rh.gif

IF the embassy is open you could attend the interview without the medical on file and they will issue a 221g, but it for sure will cause delays later, as a few have been dealing with regarding missing medical files.

Me? I would do the interview and live through the 221g.... IF the embassy is open wink.png

Hello Hank we did not break rule haha. ST Lukes said since over 2 months since original medical they wanted another preg test even though they did not do test first time cause she is 50 years old and preg test not required. They are asking 500 peso for test so it shows they just want more pesos haha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was not required to do the urine test on my first day of medical since I am 49 years old but the 2nd day of my medical I was asked to have the PT before my vaccination...in fact I was shocked and told the guy I am 49, why PT and they said it is required before vaccination...so I am wondering, has ur fiancée had her vaccinations, kcbowhunter?.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Hank we did not break rule haha. ST Lukes said since over 2 months since original medical they wanted another preg test even though they did not do test first time cause she is 50 years old and preg test not required. They are asking 500 peso for test so it shows they just want more pesos haha

SLEC knows you are there.... ;)

:lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.