Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Which addresss

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Im sorry to all of you that see this as duplication of my previous question... we are really stuck though.

Me and my wife live in the UK (Wife is a USC and I am a UK Citizen). My wife has a spouse visa with limited leave to remain in the UK for 2 years.

We both work and live in the UK, however when filing the I-130 which address should we put as my wifes address?.. we originally put our address in the UK and filed in Vermont but the visa was saying to file in London.. but we cant file in london becuase my wife has a spouse visa with limited leave to remain in the UK for 2 years

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England

Hi there,

This may be way off topic or not even helpful at all...but did you look into Direct Consular Filing. I'm not quite sure of your whole situation, but it sounds like you might be able to take advantage of that? Sorry, I am just getting started here and still learning, I was hoping that I could use DCF b/c it sounds a lot easier (wont' work for us tho). :huh: Hopefully someone else will be able to give you what you are looking for! :D

Edited by adins

Amanda & James

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely you would just put her American address if she has one then? maybe you could ask the embassy or the nvc or just assume she has returned to the states if she has an address to get mail there.

Oh yeah and think yourself luck that you are int he same country too while you are there. Must be nice. But yeah i would go with the USC using their US address but email the embassy or nvc or something and ask them if in doubt.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did read your other post on this. Use your parents address. Plenty of other members have been in the same position. The address on the top of the form is the mailing address that will be entered into the system.

From USCIS site.

17. The address block on the forms is the data field captured for all of our mailings. Consistent with the limitations on the number of characters per line (a maximum of 32) and the total numbers of lines (4) in that field, whatever is in the block will become the mailing address used by the system. The data in these fields is entered exactly as indicated on the forms. Please include internal routing symbols in the address block, especially for large organizations. It is better to abbreviate the name of the organization and have space for the routing codes than to fully spell out the name and have notices sit in the organization's mailroom.

On the G-325A you do the same. The address block is the mailing address you want used. Further down it will ask for addresses past 5 years starting with the most recent. This is where you put the UK address first.

As was mentioned by another member in your other thread, you will in the future have to look at the domicile issue.


You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks



View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...