mp&mp

What are your unofficial wedding plans?!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I got my NOA2 not too long ago and even though I still feel like the process is super slow and can't make any concrete plans I am a female so naturally I'm thinking. Its safe to say I may get married Nov or Dec. I live in NYC so planning anything beyond the justice of peace in less than three months without a minimum 10K saving is like ehhhhh....and of course we don't have that kind of money :(

Nov and December are terrible months to get married (it's too Damn cold for my taste I might just wear a ski suit lol) so out doors is out.

I'm thinking of doing the justice of peace followed by a nice dinner in a nice restaurant that can accommodate about 50 people.

What are your unofficial plans?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Off Topic.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I got my NOA2 not too long ago and even though I still feel like the process is super slow and can't make any concrete plans I am a female so naturally I'm thinking. Its safe to say I may get married Nov or Dec. I live in NYC so planning anything beyond the justice of peace in less than three months without a minimum 10K saving is like ehhhhh....and of course we don't have that kind of money sad.png Nov and December are terrible months to get married (it's too Damn cold for my taste I might just wear a ski suit lol) so out doors is out. I'm thinking of doing the justice of peace followed by a nice dinner in a nice restaurant that can accommodate about 50 people. What are your unofficial plans?

I won't make any plans until he has visa in hand... the government system and process is so unpredictable, we just can't really plan for anything yet. The most I can do is pick out maybe wedding colors... and flowers... maybe invitation samples, but beyond that, I won't even think about planning ahead.

I would love to have a ceremony to invite friends and family... it is sad we can't even remotely think of planning anything nice because of the processing procedures are unreliable and nothing is ever definite via government. tongue_ss.gif

I've mentioned this in other threads, but... this is my second marriage. In my first, we had a traditional ceremony and reception, nothing huge, maybe 75 people. Despite the small size and relatively low expense, it was still a major pain. People seem to have certain expectations of what a wedding MUST be, and after dealing with the people involved with wedding planning, I have somewhat more sympathy for bridezillas. The coordinator coped an attitude just because I said it was the bridesmaids' choice over who walked down the aisle first. My then-future in-laws fought to have an open bar, even though we couldn't afford it. The groom's sister nearly went into shock because I let the flower girl pick out which dress she wanted to wear. Definitely one of the strangest experiences of my life.

The uncertainty over when we'll actually have the visa almost is like a blessing in this case. I can't imagine putting up with all the stresses (EDIT: and expenses!) of normal wedding planning and dealing with the visa process at the same time! We have a friend who is an officiant, I have a beautiful peach vintage dress, he has his grandfather's handsome tailored suit. When the time comes, no matter where we end up having the wedding, when it ends up being, or how many people are there, we will have each other and we will be surrounded by friends, and that's all that matters smile.png

Edited by Protocol417

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Timeline

I mean of course you can't book anything until you have the visa in hand but I'm sure you've thought about it.

Yeah I can't deal with planning anything. I also hate huge events for myself. So it's most def going to be intimate and casual.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I bought my dress and accessories. We wrote up our guess list, picked out what food we wanted. We decided to have an outside wedding and then have the reception at home food was catered. The ceremony was performed buy a Justice of Peace, at a historical site, it was perfect for us. So the only thing we did once I moved was get him a Tux find a JP and order the food we wanted, send out invites.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I bought my dress and accessories. We wrote up our guess list, picked out what food we wanted. We decided to have an outside wedding and then have the reception at home food was catered. The ceremony was performed buy a Justice of Peace, at a historical site, it was perfect for us. So the only thing we did once I moved was get him a Tux find a JP and order the food we wanted, send out invites.

Awww you make it sound simple!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i would suggest a civil ceremony at the courthouse,

then have a wedding party months later in the off-season , when rates are lower.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We are planning to go to the courthouse. Then my mom wants to give us a reception. I want the reception to be small and gave her a guest list of about 50 people. My fiance does not have any family or friends here so it will be a chance for him to meet mine. The only thing that I purchased is a dress. Right now we are stuck in administrative processing and we don't know when we will be able to plan anything. Sometimes I think about having a traditional Hindu ceremony at the temple where I attend, but the cost is a big concern.

It's nice to see everyone's plans even though it's impossible to plan anything definite.

Timeline

We are planning to go to the courthouse. Then my mom wants to give us a reception. I want the reception to be small and gave her a guest list of about 50 people. My fiance does not have any family or friends here so it will be a chance for him to meet mine. The only thing that I purchased is a dress. Right now we are stuck in administrative processing and we don't know when we will be able to plan anything. Sometimes I think about having a traditional Hindu ceremony at the temple where I attend, but the cost is a big concern.

It's nice to see everyone's plans even though it's impossible to plan anything definite.

It is def nice just to see what people are thinking. Even though we can't plan anything. LolI was thinking 50 ppl as well....but who knows I am currently a single mommy here so cost is def a concern. I haven't even bought a dress nothing. Just dreaming out loud I guess....

i would suggest a civil ceremony at the courthouse,

then have a wedding party months later in the off-season , when rates are lower.

Lately we have been thinking the same thing. That way we're not stuck planning a wedding in a rush. And gives us time to save for something nicer. :)