LmmL

US embassy Jakarta allows co-sponsor?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

When we first started this visa journey, a friend of ours told us that Jakarta Embassy won't allow co-sponsor for K-1 but they would allow for CR-1. The best way is to email the Embassy directly and ask them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am about to complete Package 3 and I am told that co-sponsor is allowed. I hope they will not change their mind. I wonder why they give different replies.

Hm....

*** moved to Asia: East and Pacific forum as question seems to be regionally specific ***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I sent both an email and I talked with a customer service representative from the Jakarta Embassy on a live chat and both times I was told that no co-sponsors would be accepted. I hate it when there are a bunch of different answers floating around. One person says yes and one person says no. I really need them to accept my co-sponsor as a back up, but they keep telling me no.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I am about to complete Package 3 and I am told that co-sponsor is allowed. I hope they will not change their mind. I wonder why they give different replies.

Hm....

I'm sure they will not change their mind. I'm planning to bring to the interview the email that embassy sent to my fiancé telling him that they allow co-sponsor as a proof that they allow co-sponsor ?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm sure they will not change their mind. I'm planning to bring to the interview the email that embassy sen

t to my fiancé telling him that they allow co-sponsor as a proof that they allow co-sponsor ?

i have embassy email, they said co sponsor is allowed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well, that's good. And if you want, you can bring copy of the email they sent you as a proof that they allow co-sponsor, because i'm planning to do that, just in case wink.png

I need a copy of the email. LOL. I didn't get a reply back to mine. I make plenty but I didn't work the last two years, so I was bringing a co-sponsor just in case my employment history wasn't long enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.