167 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Please post where he was told to stay in the car? Travon could have gone the few hundred yards and been home . He chose to attack instead,

It is irrelevent. 911 operators do not make laws and we do not report to them or need to do what they say. The 911 operator is not there and can make no such judgement.

here we go..

no answer. Typical.

Do you have no opinion at all on the issue?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

You don't think regulations for firearms should be similar to auto ownership and use? You think anyone of any age should carry concealed firearms?

no, i'm not a fan of ccw for children. sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe George should have asked Trayvon what he was doing there before he called 911, followed him in his car for 2 minutes, and then got out of the car to chase after him. Maybe TM wouldn't have "jumped" him at all.

If George was looking for confrontation he would have asked him what he was doing there. He's just not that kind of guy. He was attempting surveillance.

sureillance rule #1

Golden rule number one is; “ Never take your eyes off of the target.”

http://www.abcinvestigators.com/Surveillance.htm

The only reason he got out of the safety of his car was to continue surveillance.

SURVEILLANCE is not against the law.

Trayvon did break the law when he attacked Zimmerman.

I am in favor of a trial. Aren't you?

We need to reduce the age for people carrying concealed firearms, you are correct. I would like to see it similar to drivers licenses...age 16 and valid in every state. This would help people like Trayvon Martin. I am glad you agree. If GZ could have assumed TM was armed, things would have been a lot different.

If you are denied the ability to carry a concealed weapon you can be more easily victimized, it is true. You got me there, Marvin.

I never said I didn't want a trial. I have pointed out the facts you keep ignoring. "Great! Find me 6 women in one room that think that THEY cannot use deadly force when THEIR head is being smashed on the ground by a 17 year old juvenile man". This without context has a different meaning. You tell it as Trayvon Martin jumped George Zimmerman without provocation, which we know isn't true.

And you don't need to reduce the age limit for carrying guns. You need to be held responsible for carrying a weapon. Who was in the wrong here? The kid walking from the store, or the grown, armed man chasing him? Funny that the armed guy chasing the kid was in fear for his life when he got out of the car and went after him.

I know you can't do anything without carrying a gun with you at all times. I grew up in one of the most dangerous cities in the United States, currently #4 on the list, I've been beaten up and fought back. I know when to stand my ground and when to run when the numbers and odds are against me. I also have served my country and fired a few guns. Guess what? That piece of steel you covet so much doens't make you a man, your convictions and decisions do.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You have no proof that that's what happened.

That's why there will be a trial.

no answer. Typical.

back it up..i always answer your questions gary. i was referring to lost in blue. we've had all these conversations before. and please spare me your pm line..

Please post where he was told to stay in the car? Travon could have gone the few hundred yards and been home . He chose to attack instead,

http://bizsecurity.about.com/od/creatingpolicies/a/A-Transcript-Of-The-George-Zimmerman-Police-Call.htm

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman

Ok.

If George Zimmerman was within his rights to get out of his car and chase him because he assumed he was up to no good, why can't Trayvon Martin attack him because he assumed he was in danger?

If George was looking for confrontation he would have asked him what he was doing there. He's just not that kind of guy. He was attempting surveillance.

sureillance rule #1

Golden rule number one is; “ Never take your eyes off of the target.”

http://www.abcinvestigators.com/Surveillance.htm

The only reason he got out of the safety of his car was to continue surveillance.

SURVEILLANCE is not against the law.

Last time I checked, walking home from the store wasn't a crime either. Also, how can it be surveilance if Travyon Martin was already aware of his presense?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I never said I didn't want a trial. I have pointed out the facts you keep ignoring. "Great! Find me 6 women in one room that think that THEY cannot use deadly force when THEIR head is being smashed on the ground by a 17 year old juvenile man". This without context has a different meaning. You tell it as Trayvon Martin jumped George Zimmerman without provocation, which we know isn't true.

And you don't need to reduce the age limit for carrying guns. You need to be held responsible for carrying a weapon. Who was in the wrong here? The kid walking from the store, or the grown, armed man chasing him? Funny that the armed guy chasing the kid was in fear for his life when he got out of the car and went after him.

I know you can't do anything without carrying a gun with you at all times. I grew up in one of the most dangerous cities in the United States, currently #4 on the list, I've been beaten up and fought back. I know when to stand my ground and when to run when the numbers and odds are against me. I also have served my country and fired a few guns. Guess what? That piece of steel you covet so much doens't make you a man, your convictions and decisions do.

I can do things without carrying a gun. I choose not to. I live in one of the safest cities in America, currently not even on the list, and have never been beaten up and never had to fight back. I have never had to run or stand my ground. I fired hundreds of guns. I am perfectly satisfied with my convictions and decisions to date re: being a man. We all can carry guns here.

GZ is being held responsible for his actions under our system. That is why we have the trial.

In the end, the only thing that matters is that ALL 6 women jurors have to agree that he violated the "stand your ground" law existing at that time and the law regarding the use of deadly force. The rest is not for us to decide anyway.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

http://bizsecurity.about.com/od/creatingpolicies/a/A-Transcript-Of-The-George-Zimmerman-Police-Call.htm

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman

Ok.

If George Zimmerman was within his rights to get out of his car and chase him because he assumed he was up to no good, why can't Trayvon Martin attack him because he assumed he was in danger?

Last time I checked, walking home from the store wasn't a crime either. Also, how can it be surveilance if Travyon Martin was already aware of his presense?

He can. He did. He lost. He will not get to testify to that. Pity.

He was not shot for "walking home from the store", if he was, there would be no self defense claim.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Zimmerman isn't even arguing the Stand Your Ground law anymore. He gave that part up.

And what? Stnad your ground really has no application when you are on your back having your head smashed on the sidewalk.

Now it is basically a question of whether he could reasonably assume he was in danger of severe bodily injury, thus justifying the use of deadly force.

Gary And Alla

And what?

And nothing. All I'm saying he waived his right to a 'stand your ground' hearing. Instead, he is arguing simple self defense.

Edited by Penny Lane