Ban Hammer

Colorado Recalls Anti-Gun Senator

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OK, so you contradicted yourself in the explanation you have above.

Is the recall the election itself, or the removal from office?

I did not contradict myself at all. The Senator will have been recalled only if and when he loses the recall election. Until then, there is a recall effort against him underway. If we were saying that merely submitting enough signatures for a recall petition means that a politician has been recalled then the great state of Wisconsin would right now be governed by a recalled governor. That would be on top of also having a few recalled legislators still in office as well. Is Wisconsin governed by a recalled governor?

ETA: To be crystal clear, a politician is recalled when the politician loses the recall election. If (s)he wins the recall election, the recall effort failed and (s)he is not recalled.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

ETA: To be crystal clear, a politician is recalled when the politician loses the recall election. If (s)he wins the recall election, the recall effort failed and (s)he is not recalled.

See, you can do it!

Was it so hard to give a straight answer to a simple question?

Thank you, anyway. We don't have recalls in the UK and, having seen recall efforts directed at politicians of both stripes,

I must say I don't agree with them. They have little to do with politics, but much to do with money and power. They don't serve the electorate as a whole, rather they serve special interests. To me, that's not democracy.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

I must say I don't agree with them. They have little to do with politics, but much to do with money and power.

That's politics in general.

Filed: Timeline

That's a patently false statement. By that logic, Scott Walker was recalled as well. Last I checked, he's still in office. But hey, it's naturally stupid gun nuts doing the reporting. Not likely that they would ever know how chit actually works. Bunch of morons that they are. laughing.gif

It is the stupid mod rule that the title has to match the OP article, but not the facts.