MeggyMo

Wanting to move home

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh yea we will get the medical done in canada I looked up the list of doctors in canada there are more choices then when I moved to the states. I am getting so excited. We are starting the process to get the police certificate on monday. Then of course we already have the marroage certificate so we will be ready then we can start the process as soon as we get back to edmonton!!!! The thought of being back home makes me so happy. I really never liked it here especially with my hubby having no family here

let us know how your travel and border crossing goes. we are starting the outland process sometime in July (crosses fingers). I cant wait to be back in canada by next summer ..

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Of course! I am so excited and nervous. I just want to get there. But I will be posting the whole way we will be crossing the border in Coutts I think. So much to prep and prepare im feeling a tad overwhelmed gpt to admit

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just cant believe that its that simple. Unbelievable since this whole process moving to the states was such a long expensive process full of headaches. Ill finally be back with my family!

Yes it was a long expensive process for you, but the issue now is when you move to Canada without being a USC yet, you lose all that hard work getting you to a GC which you will abandon once you move to Canada. So unless you never want to move to the US again, be prepared to go through the very start of the whole immigration thing if you ever decide to move back to the US if in fact you do want to do that again...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Oh I never want to move to the US again. My husband has no family here. We do not have anything here for us . I do understand that I would be goving that up and thats fine. We for sure will not be coming back to the US. I doappreciate u bringing that up though in case I didnt know. I reall y get a lot of support on vj always have!

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

let us know how your travel and border crossing goes. we are starting the outland process sometime in July (crosses fingers). I cant wait to be back in canada by next summer ..

Wow you're moving back? I remember when we were both waiting for our interview in Montreal. Good luck with everything!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I never want to move to the US again. My husband has no family here. We do not have anything here for us . I do understand that I would be goving that up and thats fine. We for sure will not be coming back to the US. I doappreciate u bringing that up though in case I didnt know. I reall y get a lot of support on vj always have!

Ok good. Some people don't realize that so I just wanted to bring it up just in case that was an option for you down the road. I actually know a friend from Pennsylvania who just got her Canadian PR status. Her now husband (who is actually on of my best friends nephews) went through the process there in Ontario and finally got her moved over. She didn't really have any issues or complaints at all and it didn't seem like it took her that long to get it. So I think it's going to be a whole lot easier for him to move to Canada than it was for you to move here...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.