hardtimes456

others opinions or experience

18 posts in this topic

I'm going to attempt to make this short.

My husband and I are at the point for the waiver. his I130 or whatever was approved in January and so the lawyers assistant sent us the info on what to do for the hardship letter. Well I had some questions and never got any answers from the lawyer so I decided to look here. Long story short took me longer than planned to write the letter and we didn't get it turned in till March. We went and dropped it off and than he asked me to email him the letter so he could see if I needed to make any changes... well I did it 3 times and asked if they got it cause I haven't heard anything and they said yes. So we went back to the office to drop off more unexpected money and he finally gave me the name of a psychologist and that was WAY more than we thought, and the lady couldn't get us in for over a month. So got that done and mailed in more money we didn't think we had to pay till the end and its been 2 weeks and I emailed and asked when the waiver was sent off and the assistant said the lawyer still hasn't looked at it yet!!!!! Does this sound right? Am I just freaking out he has had this 3 months and hasn't even looked?

That is what I want to do but we have no money now:( we have paid him like 8,000 & he didn't even show up to our interview for the I130 on time than tried to blame us. Also we asked him about his court date in October 3 times and he just finally told us that they won't drop the case till the waiver is approved or something. He only answered me with this when I told him ours friends court case was dropped after his I130 was approved. I don't know what to do. I feel like all he is doing is dragging us along.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Get a new lawyer and ask for your money back he is not doing his job go to this site they help you out better this site it's not the great it's only for k1 visas

Go to immigrate2us.net they have great suppor system there I'm in there it has help me lots

event.png

We just paid him 585 than he sent us a bill for 318 and originally told us we didn't have to pay that til the end and now he said its due now. When I emailed to ask if the waiver was sent off his assistant said he had it and was reviewing it... so I was like omg are you serious how long is that going to take???? The lawyer responded with "seriously?"... keep in mind he has had the waiver since the end of March and didn't tell us about the psychologist till the end of April so he was just waiting for that letter. Than we have signed like 6 copies of this g28 thing and paid $22 to have it next next dayed to them then they call my husband and said oh they changed the form I need u to sign these forms now and get them back asap...

We paid $400 for our letter from the doctor. Everyone on all these other forums seems like the lawyer gets things put together quick. He originally was harassing us to get it done in February so he could get it sent off in March and now since we missed that seems like he doesn't care.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We paid $400 for our letter from the doctor. Everyone on all these other forums seems like the lawyer gets things put together quick. He originally was harassing us to get it done in February so he could get it sent off in March and now since we missed that seems like he doesn't care.

Slightly off topic, but $400 is a lot of money for a letter from a doctor. I'm a licensed therapist and I would never charge someone that kind of money.

That being said, what kind of waiver are you applying for? In my case, we're only at the waiver point right now, after the NVC phase and the interview. I should have been writing the letter and getting evidence this whole time, but I'm hoping to have it all done this weekend.

Really, visajourney isn't that helpful for the waiver process, and I'd agree that moving on over to immigrate2us.net is the best bet.

Well I was just mostly curious how long it took your guys lawyer to get the waiver sent off. I feel like he is all about getting his money and not helping us. I assumed since he was nagging US for the $318 and $585 he was going to send the waiver off as soon as he got the letter from the doctor. We went 3 weeks without groceries and had to have my parents help us buy food.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can notify USCIS that you're removing the lawyer from the case and that you will be the primary contact, that is if you choose to separate from the lawyer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.