sumit381

Tax information question for i864EZ

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you file your taxes with turbo tax (and print out) it comes with like 7 pages, maybe that's what she means?

I don't use any kind of workbook on my taxes, so I'm not sure what she means either.

Keep in mind, I also file the 1040ez as I have nothing else to claim/itemize/add so my taxes are extremely simple.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Hmmm good to note.. you may want to let Saylin know smile.png

Considering I've never done taxes in the USA, I haven't a clue, I'm going off of what another respected member has told me. But KDH said she didn't send everything and her husband has an interview so I guess it would work out!

Yeah, at this point, I think I will follow KDH's advice and just sign the 1040 and try to guess dates as close as possible to what they were on the actual form that I sent to the IRS. Hopefully my 2012 tax transcript becomes available soon, so I can have that by intervew time. If they complain about the dates later on, I'll just explain the situation to them but hopefully they won't :)

Thanks guys for you help!

Oh one more question (not about tax stuff though), on the 864ez form in Part 6, question 20 it says to print sponsor's name. Can I type that or does that mean print it by hand with black pen?

Thanks again!

Timeline

Yeah, at this point, I think I will follow KDH's advice and just sign the 1040 and try to guess dates as close as possible to what they were on the actual form that I sent to the IRS. Hopefully my 2012 tax transcript becomes available soon, so I can have that by intervew time. If they complain about the dates later on, I'll just explain the situation to them but hopefully they won't smile.png

Thanks guys for you help!

Oh one more question (not about tax stuff though), on the 864ez form in Part 6, question 20 it says to print sponsor's name. Can I type that or does that mean print it by hand with black pen?

Thanks again!

Print just means not a signature.

Mine was typed.

PS- thank you for not making a completely new thread to ask a simple question like that.

I've never understood why people do that.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Print just means not a signature.

Mine was typed.

PS- thank you for not making a completely new thread to ask a simple question like that.

I've never understood why people do that.

Thanks for the quick response! This site is awesome!!!

Sorry, one more question reagarding the 864ez form. There are some sections that say "if applicable". Since I determined they don't apply to me, is it ok to leave them blank? Or do I have to put "NONE" or "N/A"? For example, the question 5, question 9, part 7, etc.

Thanks again!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.