earthwormgym

Post of Immigration afterwards...

42 posts in this topic

Hi all,

So I arrived in the USA on 15th June, at the Port of Entry in Atlanta Airport (area known as the 'Tripod').

However, the officer didn't fill me with confidence when processing my documents. Infact, a number of times he had to ask his colleague to check things were in order.

So just wanted to check with others to see if there's anything missing/incomplete.

First, he took my fingerprints and got me to sign two bits of paper. Then he asked me to fill out a sections of paper mentioning about upgrading from CR1-IR1...it was in two halves, but he gave me BOTH halves!!

Lastly, HE DIDNT TAKE MY CHEST XRAY RECORDS....and didnt mention anything about a temporary green Card...

So can someone let me know if something is not right here...?

Many thanks.

The stamp in your passport IS your temporary green card. It is good for one year.

They never do take your chest X-rays. Keep them as a hilarious souvenir if you want to.

I don't know about the two-part form you filled out. If they took it after you filled it out then gave it back after a bit, they might have just used it to enter the information into their system.

Seems OK to me.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you could always go to another CBP inspection point, talk with a shift supervisor, see what's what on your casefile and immigration status.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

The stamped visa in your passport is your temporary green card. If you read it is specifically states that upon endorsement the visa acts as an I-551 granting temporary residence. An I-551 is a green card. The chest xrays are for you to keep to give to a dr when you find a new one.

Looks like everything is fine to me!

WELCOME TO THE USA!!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

The stamp in your passport IS your temporary green card. It is good for one year.

They never do take your chest X-rays. Keep them as a hilarious souvenir if you want to.

I don't know about the two-part form you filled out. If they took it after you filled it out then gave it back after a bit, they might have just used it to enter the information into their system.

Seems OK to me.

So I looked back at the stamp, and it just says ADMITTED JUN 15 2013, then with the handwriting "CR-1 Jun 19, 2015)...no mention of I-1551, or Green Card....

So I looked back at the stamp, and it just says ADMITTED JUN 15 2013, then with the handwriting "CR-1 Jun 19, 2015)...no mention of I-1551, or Green Card....

That's as it should be. The visa says "upon endorsement this acts as a temporary GC..." etc etc. The admission stamp is the endorsement.

Your GC should be coming in the mail.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

AH OK, my bad, just spotted on the actual visa it says about the I-551...but it expires in 6 months....I thought it was good for a year...

Also, do I use this to apply for jobs etc?

Thanks again!

CBP Passenger Service Manager

Atlanta Hartsfield - Jackson International Airport Linda Fuller (404) 765-5800

Call and ask your questions about the form and stamp.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Call that number because the stamp should read IR1 not CR1.

Wait for your SSN to apply for jobs.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

AH OK, my bad, just spotted on the actual visa it says about the I-551...but it expires in 6 months....I thought it was good for a year...

Also, do I use this to apply for jobs etc?

Thanks again!

there's more on the visa - keep reading.

as to 'expiration date of visa' - apologies - that's a single use visa. now that you have an endorsement stamp, you should learn a bit more about I-551 documents and why you have one in your hands already with a 1 year validity.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Call that number because the stamp should read IR1 not CR1.

Wait for your SSN to apply for jobs.

The reason it says CR-1 is because the marriage is less than two years old, so the visa is conditional...I believe...

So do I get sent a social security card/number then?

Edited by earthwormgym

Oh my bad I thought you said he said he was upgrading you to an IR1. Yes looking at your timeline you're a CR1 like me.

I believe what he was talking about was in 2 years minus 90 days (so 90 days before the expiry date on your green card) you should file for removal of conditions. That will give you a 10 year green card after that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

By the way did you pay the $165 Green card production Fee so your card is coming?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Seems OK to me.

Boston took my husband's xrays

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.