We Keep Receipts

The 14-year-old kid arrested over his pro-NRA shirt now faces a year in jail

238 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have followed this incident so, I am aware of the incident.

You are the one who thinks the kid had broken a law, so can you tell me what that law was?

Actually, the police officer and apparently the prosecutor both think the kid had broken the law. That is why he was handcuffed and arrested and subsequently brought up on charges. And that is really all that matters in this context. Whether I think the kid broke the law has no bearing on what happens there at all.

Cops can and do that all the time. That is why the are posted in schools and oftentimes do hall duty, especially in public schools.

thank you. i didn't even know how to respond to that..

Cops can and do that all the time. That is why the are posted in schools and oftentimes do hall duty, especially in public schools.

So if I am talking in class they can have me arrested now a days... Geezh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Actually, the police officer and apparently the prosecutor both think the kid had broken the law. That is why he was handcuffed and arrested and subsequently brought up on charges. And that is really all that matters in this context. Whether I think the kid broke the law has no bearing on what happens there at all.

Other than generic obstruction of police officer - there is nothing that either one can say which law he broke. -- funny.

Cops have assigned duty to perform when they are posted at school. (If drama teacher is on leave should COP work as sub teacher too?)

I m defending the kid not coz he was supporting NRA but the teacher who does not support NRA was shoving his opinion on the kids.

and what duty do cops perform when posted at school? they're not there to assist teaching, but discipline. i think you just took a huge dump on your own argument..

lol you guys make my day... cop walking in the hall way can arrest anyone just coz he does not like how the guy looks or the shirt he is wearing or coz he is talking.

this is why i don't want cops in schools.

and i'm pretty sure that if the school wants a kid arrested, the kid gets arrested. i think some of you have been out of touch with the public school system a little too long, you don't know how this stuff works anymore.

i bet money, harsh, nature boy, etc..would not be defending this kid if he had been fighting for his right to keep his lil wayne tshirt or american chopper tshirt on..

Then the kid would just be a thug.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Actually, the police officer and apparently the prosecutor both think the kid had broken the law. That is why he was handcuffed and arrested and subsequently brought up on charges. And that is really all that matters in this context. Whether I think the kid broke the law has no bearing on what happens there at all

I think it does matter what you think, the day that people refuse to recognize the law and permit it to be violated on the whims of others, be it officers of the law, children, or teachers is the day that we will lose the protection that the law gives. So though what you think now may have no sway in the what happened, it can and should have sway on the way it is perceived afterward. So that this type of an incident dose not occur again.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

So if I am talking in class they can have me arrested now a days... Geezh

Do they? Who are 'they'?

thank you. i didn't even know how to respond to that..

Sometimes the only way is to close caption the obvious. You must speak in a manner your audience can understand, or in this case, you need to perform 'mental retrofitting'.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Making chit up as you go along again? Since when am I opposed to cops in schools?

So you are ok with putting armed cops in schools as backed by the NRA ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So you are ok with putting armed cops in schools as backed by the NRA ?

no

If they don't have the balls to go bold in 2013, then surely they won't grow them in an election year. That means that there will be no significant cuts to the big three passed by the Republicans at all this Congress. Everything else already cut back and then they must obey their dear NRA masters who are insanely calling for new spending on cops in every school in the country. They're in a pickle. I enjoy watching that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!