We Keep Receipts

The 14-year-old kid arrested over his pro-NRA shirt now faces a year in jail

238 posts in this topic

Good Lord. He was charged with obstruction of a law enforcement officer. There will be a proceeding that will establish whether he is guilty ot not guilty of that charge. No point in trying to adjudicate that here in P&R. That's what the courts are for.

Ahhh ok so we don't really know what happened and the court needs to figure it out...

So says the head of the Hang Zimmerman now clan, that has been calling him a murder for months.

Your funny.

P.S. you misspelled "TO" No biggie.. just a pot kettle thing !

PS2- I said what he was charged with several posts ago. May be that is the comprehension thing you keep speaking about.

Edited by The Nature Boy

ok can you tell why kid was handcuffed?

because a cop told him to stfu and he didn't. you don't think kids aren't cuffed every damn day for getting out of line in school?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good Lord. He was charged with obstruction of a law enforcement officer. There will be a proceeding that will establish whether he is guilty ot not guilty of that charge. No point in trying to adjudicate that here in P&R. That's what the courts are for.

Why was law enforcement officer was involved?

To begin with kid had not violated any laws.. if you cannot understand that than there is no point in discussion.

To you anyone who does not agree with your thoughts are confused and incorrect, ok we got it the kid was wearing NRA shirt and you do not support NRA so the kid should be punished.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

No point in trying to adjudicate that here in P&R. That's what the courts are for.

Unless it's George ZImmerman.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

What is funny is how confused you are. I haven't flipped at all. Aside from the fact that I have not made any argument over whether or not the kids that were locked up in a closet were traumatized by that experience, you fail to understand that we are looking at two entirely different scenarios here. The dude that locked them kids up in a closet had zero authority to do that which is why he is now facing charges. The cop, on the other hand, absolutely had the authority to handcuff the kid after the kid failed to follow the officer's instructions. It's not that hard to understand.

I think its time that people on this thread looked at the legal implications instead of throwing out their political rhetoric be it conservative or liberal.

Bottom Line: There was an attempt to regulate by force the dress of a student that was no in direct violation of the established dress code, which according the Tinker v. Des Moines ruling in 1969 is illegal and in that light the officer had no legal force with which to command the individual and refusing to comply in that situation was completely within his rights, and there were no legal grounds on which to detain him.

Timeline

There are two posts a couple posts up that mention it. The article quoted in the OP mentions it too. It would behoove you to read up on what a discussion is about before engaging in it.

I have followed this incident so, I am aware of the incident.

You are the one who thinks the kid had broken a law, so can you tell me what that law was?

i bet money, harsh, nature boy, etc..would not be defending this kid if he had been fighting for his right to keep his lil wayne tshirt or american chopper tshirt on..

Timeline

because a cop told him to stfu and he didn't. you don't think kids aren't cuffed every damn day for getting out of line in school?

Cop cannot ask anyone to stfu - that would be infirngment of the right.

If the kid was misbehaving that was schools internal matter and thats how it should have been handled.

i bet money, harsh, nature boy, etc..would not be defending this kid if he had been fighting for his right to keep his lil wayne tshirt or american chopper tshirt on..

How much are betting... ?

Don't cry if you lose.

If the kid was misbehaving that was schools internal matter and thats how it should have been handled.

so you're not of the opinion that cops should be on duty in public schools?

How much are betting... ?

Don't cry if you lose.

you wouldn't even be talking about it, if it weren't to 'defend' the nra..

Filed: Timeline

Ahhh ok so we don't really know what happened and the court needs to figure it out...

So says the head of the Hang Zimmerman now clan, that has been calling him a murder for months.

Your funny.

We know what happened. The kid failed to follow the law enforcement officer's instructions and was handcuffed and arrested for obstruction as a result. Now he's facing the music in a court of law. He may be found guily or not guilty of the charge at the end of the proceeding. That's how it works. I don't see anything wrong with the process here. No idea what the outcome will be nor do I really care.

I am the head of the hang Zimmermann now clan? That's news to me. Same thing applies - he will face the music in a court of law and will be found guilty or not guilty of murder II or any of the included lesser charges. Here, too, I have no idea what the outcome will be but I would much prefer for Zimmermann to be found guilty for killing the kid which he had no reason to follow, accost or harrass. I sure don't want him hung, though. Remember, as the bleeding heart liberal that I am, I actually oppose the death penalty. You should know that.

Timeline

Unless it's George ZImmerman.

you got it right... liberals (they call themselves liberal but their thinking is not liberal at all)

They would come to conclusion zimmerman is guilty just coz media told them, others court will make the call.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Cops can and do that all the time. That is why the are posted in schools and oftentimes do hall duty, especially in public schools.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I think its time that people on this thread looked at the legal implications instead of throwing out their political rhetoric be it conservative or liberal.

Bottom Line: There was an attempt to regulate by force the dress of a student that was no in direct violation of the established dress code, which according the Tinker v. Des Moines ruling in 1969 is illegal and in that light the officer had no legal force with which to command the individual and refusing to comply in that situation was completely within his rights, and there were no legal grounds on which to detain him.

Thing here as not as they seem. Turn and go quickly...

You are making sense.. The libtards will go nuts if too many of us make sense at the same time

We know what happened. The kid failed to follow the law enforcement officer's instructions and was handcuffed and arrested for obstruction as a result. Now he's facing the music in a court of law. He may be found guily or not guilty of the charge at the end of the proceeding. That's how it works. I don't see anything wrong with the process here. No idea what the outcome will be nor do I really care.

I am the head of the hang Zimmermann now clan? That's news to me. Same thing applies - he will face the music in a court of law and will be found guilty or not guilty of murder II or any of the included lesser charges. Here, too, I have no idea what the outcome will be but I would much prefer for Zimmermann to be found guilty for killing the kid which he had no reason to follow, accost or harrass. I sure don't want him hung, though. Remember, as the bleeding heart liberal that I am, I actually oppose the death penalty. You should know that.

I thought you opposed cops in schools also! but we know how quick you reverse course when it suits something you are against.

No_U_Turn.jpg

Edited by The Nature Boy

Timeline

so you're not of the opinion that cops should be on duty in public schools?

you wouldn't even be talking about it, if it weren't to 'defend' the nra..

Cops have assigned duty to perform when they are posted at school. (If drama teacher is on leave should COP work as sub teacher too?)

I m defending the kid not coz he was supporting NRA but the teacher who does not support NRA was shoving his opinion on the kids.