32 posts in this topic

Right, UPDATE

After chasing around the officer that is handling my case, he finally approved my case (all of them) yesterday!!! I just got the email a few mins ago... so after lots of wishing and waiting, we are a lot closer now.

To those of you still waiting, be patient.

Now, to the NVC smile.png

awesome. So are you now onto an IR1/CR1 path (were both the I-130 and I-129F petitions approved?)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I say make a decision once the casefiles arrive at NVC, and NVC starts their doc process.

Once NVC starts that doc process, you'll be presented 'the path'. Or notified about a path removed.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ya, be prepared for that job.

Do report back when you have news of the I-129F, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

All applications have been approved on the same day (2 I-130 and 1 I-129F). Nvc told me that if they receive all applications together, they will close i-129F and proceed with I-130. The only way that I-129F can exist is if it arrives to NVC before the approved I-130 otherwise, CR-1 visas will be processed.

Yep that's how it works. You're likely on the CR1 path now. :) Get yer paperwork ready!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Ya, I was asking about reporting back when you have news of the I-129F, at NVC. Apologies, I wasn't clear.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i am too waiting for my NOA2. its been 5 plus months, I filed the i-130 in Feb, and I-129 F in March 11th. i did call the USCIS 15 days ago, but they did find or tell me any thing special, whatever i was checking my status on USCIS site they repeated the same thing, Unfortunately i cannot track my I-130, when I asked they they had no answer. I don't know what to do. I am from Hialeah, Florida and they said the case is in the local office and i need to just wait until they contact us.

But your story gave me a hope. Its very difficult being apart.

I am glad that i can share my experience with others and read other posts. Regarding local office, if possible, make an appointment and go, you may find yourself face to face with the officer that has your case, like it happened to me.... It is a long shot, but at least you will see faces and in-person answering...

• 2 weeks later...

We filed I-130 early March 2013 and subsequently I-129f for K3 visa in mid March 2013. Besides getting NOA1, nothing has been received since then nor calling USCIS had helped, they have a standard response wait for processing time which is already over five months - I-130 petition is over six months now and I-129f would be over six months by the end of this week. There is no processing time posted for I-130 processing no where. Both petitions are sitting with MSC-NBC. Any guidance, help and suggestion or waiting impatiently is the only choice. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i was thinking about filling the K3 visa. I am about to file I-130 but when i call the USCIS, they said if i should go ahead and file the k3, it will delay and prolonged the I-130, so it was advised to just file the I-30 and wait to be approved.

Anybody takes on this?

Cuz i understand it take 9 months to a yr to get a spouse visa from start to finish. So I was wondering if the K3 visa will be appropriate or just wait patiently for the spouse visa to be approved.

You are posting this everywhere.... You really only need to post it once and it should have been in the process and procedures not the progress reports forum.

Timeline

All applications have been approved on the same day (2 I-130 and 1 I-129F). Nvc told me that if they receive all applications together, they will close i-129F and proceed with I-130. The only way that I-129F can exist is if it arrives to NVC before the approved I-130 otherwise, CR-1 visas will be processed.

We know this, and we write of it, on occasion.

But, now you've experienced it, firsthand.

How do you feel?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.