32 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a whole lot of questions, but let me start of by some background....

I am a US citizen,

Married to a forigner

I live in NJ and my family is still waiting back overseas

Have 2 children, both of them Naturalized via Certificate of birth abroad.

1 step daughter (15)

I filed I 130 for both wife and step-daugther(one per each) and received I-797C (NOA1) for both (chicago lockbox)

Filed a I-129F right after i got that. (Texas)

Question:

While for now i understand that K3 visa are kind of obsolete, I still wonder:

1. Received date I-130 Jan-14-2013
  2. Recieved Date for I-129F Jan-24-2013
  3. When I chek the status onlione at the USCIS site I can only check my wifes I130 status and not my step-daugther's as it shows not found. I have called them (USCIS) and they tell me that there is a glitch in the system, but both I130 are being processed.
  4. Last date updated by USCIS Feb-01-2013 on both applications, but dead silence after that.
  5. Should I be concerned that i have not heard from them at all?
  6. why is it that I see people that have filed after I did, have been approved or have received some form of notice that their applications are moving along?
  7. USCIS system says that it takes @ 5 months for the process to be completed (average) but still.
  8. Then I called USCIS and the person that answered said that it is an average, but for an average of 5 to be true, you would have to have an application that takes 1 month and another that takes 10.

Anyways, i wanted to hear from you and see what your comments are like and thank you for the time. Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

so much stress :(

petitions are routed to different offices based on residence so yes you will see cases approved with date ranges all over the place

your petition is most likely at nbc being processed because it is not a stand alone 130, but this is definitely worth a call to confirm

if it is at a local office, you will have to check the volume there

you will not be able to do any inquiries until you hit the five month mark, but be ready to fire with all guns loaded if you get there

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Ok,

Thanks for your comment.

I called USCIS and they told me that my papers have been moved to a local office close to home (NJ). The lady said that they normally do that on final states of the application in case they need some paperwork or documentation and or an interview.

thw whole process takes about 6-8 months from the receipt (NOA1) date so we should be a lot closer now.

Any comments??? or suggestions??

Thanks again!

There is really not much else you can do right now besides for wait. Also :time: so that people can better help you :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks,

So i did call USCIS and spoke with a second tier person.

I filed my I130 on Jan 14th, 2013 and my I 129F 10 days after that.

The person told me that my application is in my local INS office, I am from NJ, so it is sitting in Newark pending further processing. On feb. 1st, 2013 my status had a change where it said that my alien registration number has changed.... On Feb. 25th the applicaitons moved from X to my local newark office.

It has been amost 180 dyas since i filed this papers and have not recieved anything... is it worth it that i go to the office, thru info pass at that very same office?? The person on the phone said, you only have to wait.. but seeing that everybody else is moving along, i wonder about mine.

BTW, my timeline is on, but not sure why is not showing up :)

If you're over 6 months you can make an infopass or put in a service request. Newark is slow unfortunately.

Your timeline is working now :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

hi there,

UPDATE:

I went to the Newark office to enquire about my applications, and this is my report:

Currently they are processing DEC-2012. My receipt date is Jan 2013 so i guess I am a lot closer. The lady said wait for another 30-60 days and expect a letter from us either approving, deneing or RFE.

After I get that letter, it should go to NVC and then on to local consulate. I asked the consulate in south america and they said that once they receive the application from NVC, it takes 3 weeks for final interview.

QUESTION, as soon as I get the NOA2, what should I do or expect next, besides saving money for the plane tickets?? :)

hi there,

UPDATE:

I went to the Newark office to enquire about my applications, and this is my report:

Currently they are processing DEC-2012. My receipt date is Jan 2013 so i guess I am a lot closer. The lady said wait for another 30-60 days and expect a letter from us either approving, deneing or RFE.

After I get that letter, it should go to NVC and then on to local consulate. I asked the consulate in south america and they said that once they receive the application from NVC, it takes 3 weeks for final interview.

QUESTION, as soon as I get the NOA2, what should I do or expect next, besides saving money for the plane tickets?? smile.png

Depends... If you receive NOA2 for the I-129F first, then you call the NVC until they give you a case number, and then your case is forwarded to the embassy where you do packet 3 intake and get an interview date from the embassy or consulate. That is how the K3 goes.

You can also choose to wait for your I-130 and just do the CR1/IR1 route. (I think)

If you get the I-130 NOA2, then the case goes to the NVC, and you do payments and doc intake at the NVC level and you are automatically on the CR1/IR1 path.

• 4 weeks later...

HI Guys,

I wanted to share with you my latest

Last week I recieved a note form the local office asking me for some docs. I compiled them all and sent them overnight yesterday. I went ahead and copied evrything and asked for an appointment for today. I got there and the customer rep told me to wait a min. Then they took me to another window and this is to my surprise different kind of window. Theofficer that is in charge of my papers was standing right infront of me!! So I told him that i had sent overnight my papers and here are the copies... he said, as soon as I receive my mail i will adjudicate your case!! so be ready for this afternoon or no later than tomorrow!!!

Finally, after 7 months!!!

Patiently waiting now counting hours instead of months!!

I hope they dont loose or missplace my papers.....

Edited by plolito

Timeline

hey that's great news.

which way are you leaning on the I-129F and possible K-3 ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

hi there i am nex in this forum i want just 2 tell you that i just gat the hard coppy of rfe

Timeline

that's nice - but if yer chasing an F2A visa, yer in the wrong forum.

Right, UPDATE

After chasing around the officer that is handling my case, he finally approved my case (all of them) yesterday!!! I just got the email a few mins ago... so after lots of wishing and waiting, we are a lot closer now.

To those of you still waiting, be patient.

Now, to the NVC :)

Right, UPDATE

After chasing around the officer that is handling my case, he finally approved my case (all of them) yesterday!!! I just got the email a few mins ago... so after lots of wishing and waiting, we are a lot closer now.

To those of you still waiting, be patient.

Now, to the NVC smile.png

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.