coffeelove

I called NVC !! and got a bad news

49 posts in this topic

That video you posted is for tracking to your consulate.

That's not for a while.

Exactly, I am tracking it already as of when I am going to receive it in my consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Yes, but it isn't the norm.

K1 visa historical take 7 to 10 days

Other visas are much longer ....

Sigh... Now I understand the 129f will take longer than 10 days

I did read that you beneficiary can all the consulate ( depending on country) to see if they have the case number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i got approved on March 27 and my got letter from the NVC on April 20 so you have to wait 3-4 weeks till the NVC got the case , once the NVC got the case you will get a new case number and you can do the medical exam with it , and after 2-3 weeks the NVC will send your case to the embassy so you don`t have to wait those 2-3 weeks to do the medical exam.

Edited by Boyprince

They told me the SAME thing and nvc received my case the very next day. I think its just protocol to make you expect the worst. It will be there call everyday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Dear All commentators

Thank you very much for all your helpful answers & comments, I am appreciated. so keeping is the only way we can ClockWatch2.gif ClockWatch2.gif ClockWatch2.gif I will ring them again if the timeline takes longer than the date the NVC officer gave us.

I think they are doing the cases which approved in early of June. Good luck too all dancin5hr.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been waiting for almost two months. I got our noa2 on April 18th and still nothing. I call everyday and they tell me to send emails to research. Ive sent 3 emails so far and only got one response which basically said to scan and emai, a copy of our noa2 which I had already included in the email they were responding to!! It's very frustrating bc everyone said after our noa2 the process would be a lot quicker. :/

i did the same with NVC, but also called USCIS and asked them to initiate a service request. I did that on 6/18, and they said they would have an answer to me by July 3 (I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath - haha). I'm trying to attack the problem from both ends - sender and receiver. Just thought you might want to try the same. Good luck to all of us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Two months - that's discouraging to hear. I don't understand how some files take so long, and others take just a week. It's so arbitrary and ridiculous.

the problem lies at the local offices and how they forward them to the nvc.. this is the unknown for the ir/cr1 approvals.. some have taken as much as 90 days

I've been waiting for almost two months. I got our noa2 on April 18th and still nothing. I call everyday and they tell me to send emails to research. Ive sent 3 emails so far and only got one response which basically said to scan and emai, a copy of our noa2 which I had already included in the email they were responding to!! It's very frustrating bc everyone said after our noa2 the process would be a lot quicker. :/

I had the same issue.. have you made an infopass? your file is sitting at the local office still unless it has been sent to nvc already... you can get lots of info if you go to the local office that approved your petition..

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Timeline

I been waiting for more than two months going for the 2 1/2 i got an email from NVC that USCIS retained my case... anyone knows why or how long does it take to send it?

I would contact USCIS customer service and tell them to submit service request to transfer your file to NVC. I just did that for my file 2 days ago. I received NOA2 on May 13, and NVC still has no record of receiving it. I call them every day, but still no sign of it. I submitted research request email to NVC, but still haven't heard anything yet.

Timeline

the problem lies at the local offices and how they forward them to the nvc.. this is the unknown for the ir/cr1 approvals.. some have taken as much as 90 days

I had the same issue.. have you made an infopass? your file is sitting at the local office still unless it has been sent to nvc already... you can get lots of info if you go to the local office that approved your petition.

What is an infopass, and how do you request one for the CSC?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

What is an infopass, and how do you request one for the CSC?

Make Info Pass by using the USCIS web site. The meeting is held at the closest USCIS office to your location. You can not meet with CSC staff.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I had the same issue.. have you made an infopass? your file is sitting at the local office still unless it has been sent to nvc already... you can get lots of info if you go to the local office that approved your petition..

Yes, the problem is the local offices! When my case was first transferred from CSC it ended up getting misfiled and it took them 4 months to fix their mistake. I finally got my NO2 after waiting almost two years and now I have no idea why it's taking so long to transfer.

An infopass seems like the best thing for me. It just sucks bc I've been to two infipasses before and they've both been a disaster. This whole process is just so stressful :(

Timeline

Make Info Pass by using the USCIS web site. The meeting is held at the closest USCIS office to your location. You can not meet with CSC staff.

They only give 4 choices for type of appointment. And none of those choices seems to apply:

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Which of these 4 is the right one to choose?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

They only give 4 choices for type of appointment. And none of those choices seems to apply:

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Which of these 4 is the right one to choose?

just use whatever one will get u in there

I always chose case services follow up

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.