jr732629

problems with payment of d $165 immigrant fee

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I need your response good people, I have a friend who just got here(usa) a week ago on a CR1 visa, he called me yesterday telling me that he's been trying to pay the $165 immigrant fee online for some days now, even tried it few hours ago but it keeps giving him error....asides that he said the page is requesting for his Alien number and he told me he doesn't have one. To my little understanding, he ought to have paid the immigrant fee before getting on the plane. Pls I need all your advices on what to tell him to do....God bless you all

He has an alien number. It is the registration number on his visa. It doesn't start with an A however so he'll have to add that in, and also any 0's before the number to make sure it has 9 digits. It tells you exactly what to do on the right hand panel (I figured that part out AFTER I figured out what to do... LOL)

The system was down all weekend. I can't login today myself and I've already paid it. So I've sent an email letting them know I am locked out. There is a phone number to call also on the right hand panel

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You need the A. Just that the registration number in his visa likely won't have an A to start with. Mine doesn't for example. It is also only 8 digits long so I had to add the A and a 0 (zero) to the beginning to make it A123456789. (Looked like A012345678) You add as many zeros to the start as you need to make it 9 digits after the A.

clear as mud? lol

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.